Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i remember a while ago someone asking if we could make a thread about the results of our cluster swaps ie. what model car u have what model the donor car was etc. so here we go

My car is a 1997 SOHC (however my old cluster had a 96 build date when removed?)
The donor car was a DOHC not sure of year.

Dash Works 100%, all lights and gagues work perfect
i removed the entire spedo section from my old cluster(spedo and odomotere) and placed them into the new cluster . I ha d a section of the wiring loom from the donor car as well wich made it much easier to rewire, i will post a guide to the wire colours later.

My Conclusion, irrelevant of what model X3 u have (sohc or dohc) it is possible to use any cluster as long as it was working in the donor car and u wireit in propperly

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
That's right, everything will work fine as long as you get the wiring to go with it. I was considering getting this done to my GFs car but ended up getting a SAFC to use as a tacho instead.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i think the point to rh1an5 post, was it doesn't matter if you use a dohc cluster on an sohc engine, it still works fine, i though there had been some confusion on this in the past?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks tim you are corre3ect, my poast was simply to outline that it dosent materr what type you use.

haste, yes u do have a guide/tutorial and i used this when doing the s2wap it was a great help , but a list of the colours of the wires would have helped out, i was luckjy and had a section of the dononr loom so could make comparisons.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I retroed a 280Z flat tacho into a 240z torpedo tube style dash

Amazing what you can achieve witha bench grinder ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well,

I have a Series 2 S-Coupe Turbo instrument cluster from a USA spec LHD S-Coupe S-coupe to fit into a Series I S-Coupe running a J1 Lantra 1.6 DOHC engine with a 'trick' ECU and wiring loom.

Should have it done by lunch time..............29 November... 2004 :p

Wish me luck.

Cheers

Bretton
www.PerformanceStylingCentre.com.au

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just done my swap today, gone horribly wrong for some reason.
I was following Haste's guide and all the signals on the cluster gone haywire.

Does anyone have pictures of the original wiring?
I own a Excel Sprint 97. I want to get it back into its original wiring and then redo the whole process correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts