Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a performance clutch and flywheel for a 96 Accent GT DOHC for a while now. I only found two, and I don't want to spend the 800 dollars they cost. I was wondering if any of you knew if I could use the clutch and flywheel from a scoupe turbo, or tiburon/elantra on my car? I know these cars use a bigger clutch disk. if not, can a clutch from a series II Scoupe non turbo work? What are my options? any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody???????

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BOR
[body]
do a search pal...
http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au/
[/body]
Thanks Pal, I did do a search, and I already found this company. I have ordered a lot of stuff from Australia in the past, and I hate the way customs holds my stuff for months before I get it. I was looking for something I could buy in the USA.

I see that the scoupe non turbo clutch uses a 200mm disk and has a 20 spline input shaft like the accent does. does anyone know if the scoupe clutch will bolt to the X3 flywheel? if so i can just buy the ACT clutch and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
the scoupe turbo clutch and pressure plate will not work with the alpha flywheel.. clutch and pressure plate are larger...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not turbo, NON turbo. the turbo one is 215mm, the non turbo is 200mm, same size as the accent.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
yeah the non-turbo one should be the same then... u will need to use the accent throw out bearing tho.. scoupe one is different...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet!!! Thank you very much. i figured I would have to use the X3 bearing. I was just hoping Hyundai didn't change the pressure plate bolt pattern from the scoupe to the accent. well now that this is taken care of, on to phase two :evil:

wait before phase 2 hhahahaa, does anyone make a light weight flywheel for the x3?

[Edited by Mazdero on Jan 27, 2006 5:09 AM]

[Edited by Mazdero on Jan 27, 2006 5:09 AM]

[Edited by Mazdero on Jan 27, 2006 5:10 AM]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i think someone sold a clutch/flywheel/pressure plate togeather for the accent.. don't remember who tho.. just a flywheel i don't know about...

ah found it... here it is... http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=64&ai_id=442

[Edited by spikie on Jan 27, 2006 5:16 AM]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts