Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car is umm, acting up. when shifting to second only it tends to grind. when down shifting, it wont even catch. its pissing me off, and hyundai wants 600 just to drop the trans. cause u know that my exhaust and my intake are the cause. ****ing dicks....

anyone got any advice. i was told maybe the syncros

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
use redline mt-90 or royal purple and it'll make a difference

dealership's are capitalist pigs!!screw em..

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, the rental now has a check engine light, an abs and the esc is stuck off. rental car **** ups ftw. and i will be going to buy that redline 2morrow

·
Registered
108 Posts
If some fresh fluid doesn't help, start thinking rebuild for synchros. Otherwise, double clutch it and you'll be ok (although everybody will be thinking you're a fast and furious idiot...).

For those who aren't sure, double clutching is simply clutch in-out of gear into neutral-clutch out-clutch in-select gear-clutch out. So don't just hold the clutch and drag it from 1 to 2, let it chill in the center for that split second, let the clutch up, and then push it back down and guide it into gear.

Keep in mind the ONLY reason to EVER double clutch is if you don't have syncros...and that's it.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Fill plug is on the forward facing side of the tranny about halfway up. I am not positive of the orientation of some of your pictures or I would have circled it too. You can see it from above standing in front of the car as long as you don't have an airbox in the way.

I made a funnel adapter out of spare hose but I managed to fill my own with a regular funnel the first time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts