Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading something on the forum about a stage 3 Clutch kit and a flywheel upgrade. I Just want to know is this going to change my car dramatically? Is it worth the money to do it? Also where can i get these parts if they are worth buying?

I have a 01 2.0L Tiburon with headers and stage 2 cold air intake. Thats is all the modification done so far under the hood. Well if you know personally by expirence if this a good idea or bad idea please let me know. Thank you very much.:|

[Edited by warchi on Nov 16, 2005 12:02 AM]

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey...getting a lighter flywheel will quickin the response of the car. the fly wheel that is on the car is twice as heavy as a lighter one of maybe a little bit heavier. either way its alot better to get one. I don't have one on my tib but i do have one on my '73 grand prix. that has a 454 with 455 heads milled to fit plus a blower:devious::evil:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It will help your engine rev faster but you will lose rotational momentum if dropping the clutch drag racing. Overall it is a good thing for responsiveness but not necessarily the best thing if all you do is drag race from a standstill.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thank you, I was going to say that.

Road racing light flywheel helps, but in the quarter, not so much and can actually hurt a launch. (usually make it up on the high side tho)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the flywheel is not that good at a stand still, will it help to have a better clutch? For insitance what if i also get a stage 2 or 3 clutch kit? :evil:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
All that will really do is prevent your clutch from slipping/overheating when you're putting down more power. From the sounds of what you have it's not necessary. Doesn't really add anything except eliminate slippage. If you're having problems with slipping then it'll help you. If not, I wouldn't bother personally. Maybe I just don't get it though, lots of people get some "stage 3" clutch with a stock or close to it car and I'm mystified. Maybe they know something I don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts