Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and girls looks about that time that I am going to have to change my clutch as it seems to be slipping...

been looking around and so far I got the price from the dealer for the parts is going to run about $400 CAD and about another $350 for labour. so grand total of $750....

now I was looking around and was thinking if I am going to spend that kind of money on a clutch might as well upgrade the whole setup for the future...so I was checking out a few kits and found a clutchmaster kit stage 1 from speedstate for about $400 more or less can't remember riht now, or exedy clutch kit on e-bay for about $200 or a "OEM" VALEO clutch kit for about $100 and I also found an XTD stage 3 clutch kit for about $250 just wondering if anybody has gone this route and if so what have you used and what would you suggest?

any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to pick one of these up ASAP so I can get it fixed....

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I just bought that OEM clutch from ebay about a month ago. dealer wanted over 400 just like you said. Anyways with shipping it came to $140CDN. A a friend of mine installed it for $200. So a total of $340 for a new clutch. It works fine. To tell you the truth I dont remember what my car ran like before the clutch went bad, but with the new Valeo one I notice a big difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts