Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can offer an opinion. Today I had problems with my clutch on my 96 Excel GX (120,000km) - and took it to my usual mechanic who told me the clutch needed replacing.

The same mechanic replaced the slave and master cylinder only 2.5 months ago and I noticed that it was adjusted very tightly/short/high (?? not sure how to describe ??) when I got it back after this.

Three questions:

Would the mechanic have noticed the clutch being close to going when he replaced the slave and master cylinder?

Would any adjustments he did at the time of replacing the slave and master affected the clutch and made it go sooner than it normally would have?

Will the cost of replacing the clutch vary greatly from mechanic to mechanic - eg. should I get more than one quote.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ezza

·
Registered
959 Posts
yes.

yes.

yes.

shop around. don't base your decision on price, but rather on experience.

usually the clutch is rather obvious anyway, but after a hundred twenty miles it may just be time for a new one. its something however, that he should have diagnosed to begin with.

if you find that your clutch slips more and more and more, then its usually the clutch. i don't think the slave or master cylinders would go that fast...BUT, when an aftermarket clutch is installed incorrectly, it could cause them to go quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts