Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently had a new clutch put into my car, and while we were under the hood, we discovered that the slave cylinder was bad. so, i ran out and bought one and put that on the car. now, the car has a new pressure plate, throwout bearing, clutch, slave cylinder, and new clutch fluid. i let the pedal out kind of quickly pulling out of one road because I pulled out in front of someone. when i did so, i went to push the clutch and it stopped about one inch from the floor, and the clutch will not fully engage anymore. i have no idea what the problem is. please help...i need my car to work.

sincerely,

nathaniel

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you bleed the slave cylinder thoroughly? Sounds like you have might have not tightened down the bleeder screw enough, or there's a leak in the lines somewhere.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it's like the pedal hits a brick wall one inch off the floor, and when the pedal is all the way up, if you give the car any more than the weight of your foot on the gas pedal, the clutch slips. i honestly can't think of anything that would be causing this. everything is tight, nothing is leaking. idk....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmm, IDK. Maybe the release arm isn't engaged to the throwout bearing. An easy way to test this is to disconnect the slave cylinder's linkage to the release arm, and wiggle the arm. It might be obviously loose after doing that.

Sounds like the pressure plate is not engaging the clutch disk enough. Was it doing this before you replaced the slave cylinder? If the clutch was fine before you replaced the slave, then the problem has to be on the slave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts