Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about Centerforce clutch? I was looking at this clutch kit 1997 Hyundai Elantra Clutch Kit

Brand: Centerforce
CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION CLUTCH KIT -- Delivers High Performance Without The Extra Pedal Effort, Contains Pressure Plate and Clutch DISC Only, 90% Greater Holding Capacity, For High Horsepower & Torque Applications, Also Good for 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles, Throw Out Bearing Sold Separately, 225mm, 8 7/8" Clutch Diameter, 7/8" - 20 Spline

I was wondering if I put this on a current stock elantra do I need to change anything else? I was possible thinking about replacing flywheel seeing how they have to remove it from old clutch anyways. I figured mise well replace that with aftermarket to help. So what do you think about the above clutch kit? I chose this one because I eventually will add a turbo to my elantra.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know centerforce does make some nice products, but I've only delt wth them in a different applications, mostly pickups, with the Centerforce Zoom's.

I would go ahead and replace the flywheel, its a 97 and you want to make more hp down the road with the Turbo and in the long run, they aren't that pricey. You have a few options, if there are any places around you the deal with Clutches specifically, you could see about having it reconditioned, or they might have a replacement OEM, if you wanted to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I've heard good things about it, but I went with the ACT. Get a STOCK TOB. Do not get one with a metal center. They make noise and don't last as long. Might want to pick up new flywheel bolts, grease the release fork bushings, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was lookin on ebay and came across a stage 4 clutch made by F1 Racing.

This complete clutch kit includes:
F1 Racing Xtreme® HD Pressure Plate
F1 Racing 5-puck sprung copper ceramic disc (8-1/2", 20 spline)
Release Bearing
Alignment Tool
Installation Guide

Anyone know if its any good? its only 245.00 dollars for buy it now.

I seen off brand really cheap on ebay, but whats the sense if it break right? I rather buy it right then be cheap about it. however if i can save money I will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts