Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright x3 guys, i need to know 100% sure.
Will the ksport kontrol pro's for the 2000-2004 Accent will fit the 1995-1999 Accents without modification.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just by my konis and h&r springs ill give you a deal on them as a set and thier adjustable also

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's gonna be a track car. I need the real deal, the stiffest suspension i can get.

·
Registered
589 Posts

the box says 99 to up. i'm not sure what is different about the 95-98 accents, but i would like to know too. i'd buy a cheap older accent if the coilovers i have would fit.

·
Registered
499 Posts
accentedeclipse said:
Just by my konis and h&r springs ill give you a deal on them as a set and thier adjustable also

How much do the springs lower the car and do you know their spring rate? I am looking for about 1 inch lower and a mild increase in rate over stock. How much do you want for the shocks and springs? How many miles on the shocks? Are they the Konis that fit the 99 Accent with 49MM struts?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, will it, or will it not? I even went as far as to e-mailing ksport and they said that they didnt know...

somebody has to know?

·
Registered
734 Posts
rocconi said:
How much do the springs lower the car and do you know their spring rate? I am looking for about 1 inch lower and a mild increase in rate over stock. How much do you want for the shocks and springs? How many miles on the shocks? Are they the Konis that fit the 99 Accent with 49MM struts?[/quLook in the for sale section, i believe the drop on the springs is 1.3"

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright guys just got word back that they are the same strut assembly. so 1995-2006 coilovers will all fit.

PSC said:
The G4 Racing ones as sell fit the 1995-2000 X3 Excel and 2000-2006 LC/LC2 Accent. We've sold 4 sets to X3 Excel owners and not have any reported problems, and I even helped one customer fit them and had no issues at all.

If you look at the part numbers for Pedders shock absorbers for the X3 Excel 1.5 DOHC and LC Accent models, you will see that these too are the same as each other.

The part number for the earlier 1.5 SOHC X3 Excel is different to the DOHC ones as the SOHC model has a different diameter spring , and apart form the size of the spring base between the SOHC & DOHC X3 models, the shocks are the same.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you stole my idea lol i already have a x3 shell, gonna completely gut it and i have beta I, tranny, and a big-ol'-turbo goin in it :)
ill start postin pictures from when i first get the shell, then all the gutting, then everything else.

·
Registered
589 Posts
keep us updated!:) this will be fun!n i've been wanting to take apart my lc2 for awhile now, but i need it for daily driving. the hunt is on for a cheap project car!:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same thing for me bro....i want to make my LC fast, but alas its a daily driver and i've got a full time job...so i bought a shell and every else for the project... :)

alright, shell is being delivered to me for free next week on my day off :)
(because the guy is kind of sponsoring me (giving me any parts i need from his wrecking yard for free.)), then the pictures will begin.
first i'm gonna take out all the seats, then the carpet, then take dry ice and break all of the sound deadening stuff off to save some weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts