Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but couldn't find what i'm looking for so...

I'm concidering buying K-Sport coilovers. I will never be racing this car but at the same time i love the feeling of the Gs through the corners. On the other hand this is a daily driver and i have a lot of months of winter so i don't want a super rigid ride back jaring ride.

I have 2 choices go all out and get coilovers OR go for front/rear sway bars allong with a front strut bar and get Eibach lowering springs.

which would give me a good cornering car allong with good ride quality?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
eibachs are great but you will blow your struts there for making your car suck and corners...full coilovers are pricy but can be rough on your back. YOu could always get the coilovers and just set there setting to low.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i have shocks and springs for sale that you can adjust the siffness on, its an incredible setup and brand new.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the eibach / kyb setup with front & rear swaybars. I think it's good for daily driving. I also still run my 13's for cheapness and extra fun. I haven't had any strut blowouts yet either. You'll get a little bounce if the road is wavey.

·
Registered
589 Posts
the ksporst are fun on the track, but with front and rear sway bars i find it a very harsh ride for the street. plus i was told by my ksport dealer NOT to leave the ksports in for the winter. he said the seals could leak if it gets colder then -18C.
i have Vogtland lowering springs on stock struts and with the whiteline front and rear sway bars i think it handles real nice for daily driving. i just swap the ksports in and out for track days, it only took 2 hours last time. i'm getting better:D

·
Registered
737 Posts
wow, swapping coilovers out to race seems like pain

I'm happy with my ksports but they are pretty harsh on the street for most people. I live with it because I rarely drive long distances.

I still think a koni/ground control sleeve/custom spring rate combo is the best solution if you run at near stock ride height. Add a rear sway bar to this and you would have a better riding car and still have enough suspension travel where everything works like it was designed to.

The ksport dampers are just so-so even with all the adjustment, the konis i'm sure are much better just from experiences on other cars. I think the ksports would be much better with slightly softer springs because it seems like with the spring rate they come with are a little too stiff for the dampers to control. But this will result in more body roll. These are the downfalls of having a limited aftermarket for the accents.

It is nice to have the shortened strut bodies and the camber plates really help me out I just wish the ksports came with more compression and rebound.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
yeah i love mine and thanlk got it doesnt get ay colder than 32 here in San Diego heh heh. i just use the softest setting and its a little bouncey but it better than feeling as if your off roading a go kart.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for the replies guys. From the sounds of it since i drive 80 km each day to and from work i think Coilovers such as Ksport are a bad idea since i don't do autox. I think i'll start with front and rear sway bars start at that and see how i like it. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts