Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I have an 06 Tib manual (2.0L) that I would like to install a CAI on. A couple of questions:

1) Which brand do you recommend for full range performance? I would opt for the K&N filter, but I am also wanting a throatier sound.

2) Where to buy? I don't mind spending money from the manufacturer/distributor, but can I also get the same from eBay legitimately?

3) What is needed for the installation in terms of time and tools (ie: cutting or modifying, etc)?

4) Hydro-lock, and steps I can take to prevent it from happening?

·
Registered
256 Posts
aem and injen are good kits to use aem makes the bypass valve to keep people that can't realize that with a intake 7-14" off the ground that they shoulden't try to drive through watter over that high.
i have seen people buy the cheep kits and then put a aem/k-n filter on it but the rubber connections are very crappy and will start to fail after about a year.

i have had the aem cold air intake on my car since 2004 without the bypass valve and i have driven during huricanes in va and snow storms in pa without problems you just can't be stupid about it and you can't drive through standing watter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts