Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new at this whole car performance thing and have a 04 accent automatic. i was curious if there is a cold air intake for my car and if they are jes for manual/standard transmission, can a automatic be converted to use a cold air intake. i found one at Cosmo Racing but its jes for manual/standard

·
Registered
520 Posts
the only reason the CAI would not fit would be because of a clearance issue due to the tranny in the auto(which i'm unaware of)

since you are new to cars+performance. I recommend browsing www.howstuffworks.com
It's a great resource to provide great basic knowledge.

;):

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well can modifications be done to allow a CAI to be put in after i get a Tiburon engine or is it a no at all?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
umm i'm hoping you're not hoping to put the Tibby's V6 in...not gonna happen. the 4-banger, yeah, but most definitely not the V6. there's plenty of CAI's out there for 4-cyl. Tibby's, so finding one won't be a problem, and when you do, it probably won't be so big as to not fit around the Accent's bay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was thinkin of putting a tiburon engine in or should i do elantra? but onc ei put one of thos ein ill need a CAI for dat engine correct?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Originally posted by meriq
[body]
well i was thinkin of putting a tiburon engine in or should i do elantra? but onc ei put one of thos ein ill need a CAI for dat engine correct?
[/body]
The Tiburon and Elantra used the same engine 2001-2002(Elantra) and 2001-2004(Tiburon). Am pretty sure those years are right, but yeah any BetaII eingine will work with the Accent's 1.6L dohc engine/transmission. For a CAI dont get one, just do a honda civic short air intake.

[Edited by Accent95 on Dec 12, 2005 11:59 AM]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
why wouldn't you put a CAI on...?? I mean, i guess it's personal preference, depending on where in the power band you want more power, but w/e.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think the tib engine is the same in the years of 01 and 03...I had an 01...I know the 2000 and 2001 are the same...and many parts between the 1997-1999 engines were interchanageable with the 00-01...but there deff was some years where the elantra and the tib had the same engine(beta)...the 03-04 I think had the betaII...but ummm...what year tib motor do you plan on putting in...??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im still tryin to firgure out what year would be best and what year i can put in....im having trouble finding someone than can install a tib engine

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
betaII is in 01-03 elantras and 03 maybe 04 tibs. check out the hybrid forum and you can find out a lot of information about the beta swap. newer elantras and maybe tibs have the betaII also but the CVVT version

[Edited by ryanolson on Jan 29, 2006 8:50 PM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts