Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a manual trans and when it's started cold (even on a warm day) it chokes up under partial throttle and dies unless you rev it over 3000rpm's to take off.

First I'm thinking coolant temp sensor?
Anyone know the testing spec's on this item?

Then, if there is one, the intake ait temp sensor?
Anyone know the testing spec's on this item as well?

And then there are two O2 sensors and the front one was changed with the exhaust manifold recently, but the rear one (the BIG$$$$$ one) was not and I'm around 108,000 miles.

Money is tight, real tight, so having the dealer look at it, or anyone else, is not an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cold Engine Stalls Out

Check the spark plugs cables or the PCV valve, that PCV is near to break pump. Turn on the car leave it on like 30 second and then acelerate the car 2 or 3 times after that leave the car on idle and touched the PCV valve if you feel a little "clicking" is working if not change it. may be will solve your problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kanedaktr said:
Check the spark plugs cables or the PCV valve, that PCV is near to break pump. Turn on the car leave it on like 30 second and then acelerate the car 2 or 3 times after that leave the car on idle and touched the PCV valve if you feel a little "clicking" is working if not change it. may be will solve your problem.
I said it was a cold running issue.
I don't see how it could be either the Spark plug wires or PCV as those issues would not go away when it warms up.

And to check a P-C-V valve if you shake it and it rattles, then pull it out of the valve cover (or where ever it is stuck in) and while the engine is running, you cover the hole with your finger tip and there will be suction then a quick click as the ball valve sucks in.
If these two things happen, it's ok.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
check your hose coming off the PCV valve and make sure it does not have a hole in it.

also, you can take it to auto zone and see if there are any codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Without a code, I don't think it would be an o2 sensor. I was actually thinking it was spark plugs, plug wires, or maybe a coil. But those might throw a misfire.

Are there any codes, any problems when the engine is warm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts