Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Accent GSi with a manual transmission. The car had a command start installed when I purchased it. It is a "Direkt Start" brand starter specifically for manual transmissions. The question I have is this, what is the sequense required when shutting off the car to get the remote to work? Right now when I push the start button on the remote the lights flash and then nothing happens. I have tried putting the car in neutral, pressing the button on the remote and then shutting off the engine, but nadda. I attempted to go the the Direkt Start web page looking for instructions but can't find anything. I even went to the dealer where I bought the car (Non Hyundai dealer) but the techs there were not sure, the remote start was installed when they took the car in on a trade. Any help would be great, thanks...

Rob

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
With my remote starter (Autostart) I have to do this.

1. While car is still running, put into neutral, put foot on brake and pull up e-brake (this turns on my indicator light on the antenna)

2. take foot off brake and while car still running hold the lock button for 3 seconds, this causes my dash lights to flash 3 times.

3. Then I turn my ignotion to the off position and remove key, the car should stay running.

4. Open my door and ock the car, get out and shut the door.

5. When out of the vehicle and door shut I hit the lock button and car shuts off and is armed for restart.

Now that is the sequence for mine and I know most remotes for manuals have to be armed the same way, this is the only way to make sure the car is not in gear for restarting. Sorry couldn't find the exact setup for your model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts