Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok currently i have a 2000 hyundai accent GS hatchback, automatic. I wanted to buy an intake and exhaust system.
My questions are hte following:
1. Which brands you recommend?
2. What is the price range?
3. What site sells them and offers the fastest delivery and best customer service?

Thanks everybody for your help, i am pimpin my ride some. Later i will add the body kit and some rims. 8D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on...i know some people in here with a lot of experience in the subject. I looked around and what i learned so far is that evofusion is having a sale and cosmo racing sucks.

But i am confused in what parts to get for the car....I believe that for the exhaust i have to buy the headers, some more piping, and the muffler. Am I right?

Also i am not sure if a cold air intake would fit a 2000 hyundai accent automatic.:eek:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
this has been replied to numerous time's but i'll scratch your back

oh and welcome to the forum's by the way!:)

for the cold air intake..one company make's CAI's and SRI's for them..Cosmo Racing

the pipe fitment is decent since it's a one piece pipe and not a hasslish 2-piece
I also recommend you get a K&N filter or a holley filter as the provided filter's are a complete POS

as for exhaust
you have some choices
1:custom Made by exhaust shop "Midas or Meineke or whatever"
2:evo-fusion..i suggest you order it now since they have a pre-buy discount, it's a promising exhaust system and it's different from coventional ricerboy exhaust because this one is designed to be more quiet and civalized and has a muffler with a oval chrome tip, not APC el cheapo fart can type...it fit's like OEM too
3:pSC or performance styling centre..i'm a bit skeptic here because they obviously don't show what they sell..they sell a sports exhaust system..satisfaction is questionable because we have no idea what it looks like...i suggest you avoid them for exhaust.

other than that..a handful of aftermarket part's are available for the LC..but some of us are unable to buy them due to the fact that we drive hyundais...we're frugal:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha! thanks bro....i was looking at that evofusion kit and it looks sweet. Also i havent found many places that make hyundai headers.

So anyways, cosmo racing is the only option :-(....I guess i will go with them....i heard in one of the post that a guy was arguing about whereever a CAI could fit an automatic. hmmm...better not take risk, i dunno if i get much higher HP form a CAI than from a SRI. Also the guy that had the problem with the CAI from cosmos, hmm better stick with less pieces.

Hmmm, so i better start saving some mooolla...got to check when the offer expires in the evofusion exhaust, will probably order it first.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone knows if we could change the ECM in the vehicle for a performance one and get more HP??
Do they make performance ECM???

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Shark Racing has a "performance" ECM. I wouldn't buy it but they offer one. They also have a SRI, but why bother when a SRI for a Civic fits perfectly. You can also find SRI kits for the Accent on ebay for around $20, but like TAK said you want to replace the cheap filter with a K&N. Cosmo CAI doesn't fit right on an automatic, I believe it wears through a hose because of where it sits over time.

PSC also has a performance ECM but they seemed pretty unsure of whether it would work on my US spec car when I emailed them. Maybe they know now though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
PSC make good product and work on plenty of cars. They do Beta swaps,turbo upgrades,monster brake kits etc etc. I wouldn't doubt the quality of their product(I have their strut bars front and rear and their Carbon fibre intake-all excellent stuff)

They also have dyno plots of the exhaust before and after.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help guys, right now i am looknig at the post form the evofusion new exhaust and making sur ei got the cash for it, then later i will buy the intake.

Hmmm...i wish i could fart money, my car would be complete already :nervous:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
read

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=62882

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the post, i didnt know about the bypass valve. anyways, i found a nice short ram air intake in ebay for about $14. Looks nice in chrome and fits my car. I was also checking the ebay auctions about a resistor that can be placed to make the vehicle think there is more air and allow more fuel giving more performance. It is an ECU mod

·
Registered
621 Posts
Originally posted by LunchieTey
[body]
PSC make good product and work on plenty of cars. They do Beta swaps,turbo upgrades,monster brake kits etc etc. I wouldn't doubt the quality of their product(I have their strut bars front and rear and their Carbon fibre intake-all excellent stuff)

They also have dyno plots of the exhaust before and after.
[/body]
i like PSC too and do all dealings through them. intake, short shifter, struts etc.
however when it came to the Extractors (headers) i thought they were a little pricey when i quoted a local exhaust joint for the same parts, including the cat, and they were $300 cheaper than PSC.

each to their own i suppose :puzzled:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, thanks for the update...didnt know that the intake chip was a piece of crap. So the resistor really doesnt do **** uh?? hmmm i wonder if reprogramming ym computer would do any good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts