Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a question for you guys:

A few years ago i installed a cone air filter in my car, but i leave the oxygen sensor out (the one that is plugged in the air filter case) and after some months my air mass sensor (i think that`s the correct name, in spanish its called flujometro) start failing, so i changed it and installed the original air filter.

After a while i tried to install the cone air filter again, this time in a garage and with all the sensors plugged (i love the sound of the engine with the cone air filter) and it last longer, but the air mass sensos failed again. This time i think that the poor maintenance on the filter the reason of the fail, but maybe i`m wrong and the car isn`t made to haev a cone air filter.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Can i put another cone air filter in my car without broke it?

thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the same thing, but I just wrapped the temperature sensor(its not an oxygen sensor) in a piece of clothand left it dangling in the bay. I did try and remove the sensor once and replace it with a relay, but it ended up causing me problems in the winter, did you remove a sensor?

·
Registered
127 Posts
this isnt the best fix but what u could do is put that sensor in your filter, its what my friend did with his RD1 tiburon and my friend did with his X3 tha i might buy but i got too may prodject cars lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts