Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i have a question:

I ride a 96 Accent gs and i install a fer years a cone air filter, but i didn´t plug the O2 sensor, and anfer like a year with the cone air filter the Mass Air sensor died. Thing is that i re-install the cone air filter a few months ago, but this time i plug all the sensors to avoid the problem, but recently i start experiencing the same problems that i have the first time that i install the filter: The engine start going down like it´s going to stop (and sometimes it stops) and if i´m driving the car does like it´s running out of gas, but only for a few seconds. Does anybody have that problem or know why the sensors fail?

I really hope that somebody know why i get this kind of problems, so i can fix it.

Thanx

Bye

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maccent98 said:
what does the o2 sensors have to do with a conical air filter
maybe i wrong, i'm talking about that sensor that its plugged to the original air filter plastic box, and that's the one that the first time i left unplugged.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well,

That could be from a lot of different problems besides the cone filter. Your plugs could be dirty, you might've not had a very good connection to the MAF or even your MAF is dirty. There is this paste you can apply to the connectors that increases the conductivity of your connection and it usually helps. You can also take some Electrical Parts cleaner that you can buy @ any parts store, spray it on while it's out of your car, wait until it completely dries, and then reinstall it.

That should help. While you're at it, clean your throttle plate, and do all the other maintainence. xP It'd be a good weekend project.

Howie~

·
Registered
332 Posts
thaqt sensor is your IAT sesnsor ( intake air temp sensor) but this sensor is probably faulty

remove the sensor from the housing you should see on the end a little resistor if this is missing than that is your problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts