Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know i am going to get laughed at and called an idiot but i figured i would ask this question in a forum dedicated to the topic. i have recently taken my fuel injectors out and cleaned them and came up with an interesting if not ill advised idea. if i upgrade to larger injectors i will have to get my ecu remapped or get a piggy back system or something along those lines. but what if i upgraded to larger injectors and installed a very small constant flow of nitrous. i would think this would allow the extra gas in the combustion chamber to burn thus increasing the power my motor creates. is this a sound theory or am i completely off base? please dont laugh to hard. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
IMO it is a sound theory but has some big drawbacks. First, it'll be expensive and run out constantly. Sure you wouldn't be hitting it full blast all the time, but you'll use more than you think I'm sure. Secondly it would be very difficult to tune and keep tuned through the RPM range. You would need the equivalent of a RRFPR for the nitrous source, and that would be tough to figure out and get working properly for me at least.

Especially when you could correct with a RRFPR and BBTB in the first place probably more accurately and save the headache.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok that is kinda what i was thinkin. i just needed to hear somebody else say it! lol im probably going to dio the 4g63t swap in my lc in the next six months to a year anyways so i will just forget about this. thanks man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts