Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cars a 97 sohc XL(Australian accent). Where do I locate the engine drain plug. It says in the manual to remove it. The radiator drain plug location is simple enough but where would I find the coolant drain plug for the engine. Nothing in my workshop manual so it must be obvious but id like to know before i put it up on a hoist. I also thought there would be some sort of air bleed at the highest point of the coolant system but there doesnt seem to be any mention of this. Also any recommendations on the type of coolant flush to use.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Prestone "super flush" works fine for flushing out your Radiator.

just make sure you do NOT run cold water through a hot engine. If you just hood up a garden hose to a radiator hose and run that cold water through a hot engine...bad things can happen!

Only flush out with HOT water, or do it to a cold engine.

As far as the engine drain plug goes...I have no idea. I could not find anything on www.hmaservice.com about it.

Leave it to Random to Needlessly complicate things.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That's just the radiator drain plug. Some cars have Block drain plugs too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Page 10-11 of workshop manual
1. Remove the radiator cap, radiator drain plug and engine drain plug to drain coolant.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sorry dude, no luck. Just dug through there again, and they do not show a drain plug in the engine. the only thing I can think of is to check around the water pump itself for a plug. That should be about the lowest point on that side of the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts