Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a GT body kit and evo-6 cowl hood from evofusion. They are pissing me off a little with the lack of communication, but I am wondering about the evo-6 hood eBay Motors: 00 01 02 Hyundai Accent Fiberglass EVO6 Style Hood (item 160147447282 end time Apr-10-08 13:15:06 PDT)

The hood comes with the cowl filled in, and says that it is due to some costomers concern of water getting into the engine compartment. Is this something I should worry about and leave the hood as is, or is it ok to knock out the holes and add a screen?

·
Registered
687 Posts
It actually depends on exactly where the cowl is exactly...

If it's directly over the headers, yes... I wouldn't knock off the holes mainly because rapidly heating or cooling of metal causes cracks and stress. The Evos have a couple shrouds over vital parts to avoid this because the cowl hood IS functional. Also, it's a bitch to clean dried on dirt and whatnot

Howie~

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have on on my car(custom) but yeah water gets everywhere...you gotta have a heat shield or cover to block all your vital parts but not so much to block the fuction of the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts