Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its not like I was tryin to. I decided to take last weekend and use it to fix up the numerous problems plaguing my accent. Broken PCV valve, bad ignition coil, and bad crank sensor, along with corroded battery terminals etc. Well, I got the valve cover off, pressure washed it, re-gasketed it, fixed the PCV valve, got the ignition coil on, and the crank sensor and VIOLA! She fired up ran great, diddent stall so I thought I was all set for my KORE parts, when ever they will show up, and my header. Wrong. Next day, I fire up the beast, take it out in the morning for breakfast, and I smell oil burning so I pop the hood, and sure enough the valve cover is leaking oil, so I take it home and re-torque the bolts with my torque wrench and they are a little loose, tighten em up and the last bolt tightens up then 2 min later I hear this small pop, I turn around and sure, there it is, a inch crack up the side of the valve cover. I love it, a car with a plastic valve cover. Im bitchin now but oh well. All that work for nothin. Some parts hyundai makes are great, and others like this valve cover are just plain ****! So 134.99 later I ordered a new valve cover, 8 bolts and a new gasket!
Driving is believing that to fix your accent you have to drive all over hells creation to get the parts you need to fix it! And how come im still a damn newbie! lol
-shaun

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Holy shiet! They hit you for $135 for a plastic valve cover? Ouch!

I agree, they do need to do that **** better.

--------------------------------------------
I drive a slow car.
0 to 60 in 11 seconds (look out!)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I could have gotten a used one from a salvage yard for 25.00 but I dont want to chance getting another used one. Tell me about it, that plastic cover ain't cheap! Sadly a carbon fiber cover wouldn't do much good either :( So far I have invested another 200 bucks or so on my ride in one month! And it wasn't on anything cool either
-shaun

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Damn dude, next time trywww.stcharlesauto.com They give a 10 or 15% discount on all Hyundai parts. That could have saved you $13.50!!!

Leave it to Random to Needlessly complicate things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts