Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a 2000 Tiburon and I purchased a JSpeed underdrive pulley from someone. I suspect it was originally bought from kspec, as someone else had the same issue with an identical pulley from kspec. It doesn't actually fit on my car, the center part is smaller than the shaft. I was hoping someone would know what car this pulley might fit? Does anybody know the differences between the 95-99 Accent crank pulley and the beta1 pulley?

Here is a picture for comparison:
Picasa Web Albums - 2000 Tiburon (RD2) - Other

Top left is the stock pulley on my car. Top right is the mystery pulley. The bottom two pictures I took from some ebay auctions and scaled them to approximately the size of my stock pulley - but that might be wrong for the Accent (anybody know how the accent pulley size compares to the elantra/tib pulley?)

Any input is greatly appreciated. I want to find out what engine this fits so that I can sell it in case I can't work out a return.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The betaII and some of the late betaI motors had a smaller crank, at least on the clutch side. It probably fits the later car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well i have to say that when i bought mine i have the same problem it was smaller then the factory one so i adapt it i changed the belt and voila it works i have a 2.0 engine in the accent but here is what i do the compresor belt i put it to the water pump and alternator and i bought another one for the compresor i dont remember the size but if i find it i will let you know hope this help you buddy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha. It IS an UNDERdrive pulley. It's not a PROBLEM that it's smaller, it's a feature. I already have the right (smaller) belts.
I'm talking about the hole in the middle, that's supposed to go on the end of the crankshaft, THAT's a lot smaller and I can't put the pulley on the shaft.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Go bug on col96fx to make some more lightweight crank pulleys. No belt changes and pretty much guaranteed to fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To quote myself: "I want to find out what engine this fits so that I can sell it in case I can't work out a return"

I already have some OBX pulleys that fit my car on the way.

I have contacted Jspeed, and they confirmed that this pulley fits the Accent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts