Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Crashed.... :(

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  japakos 
#1 ·
Damn it. I was going home last night and I have a 106 in front of me and a corolla '76! in front of him. The woman in the corolla hit the brakes and blocks her wheels. The 106 crashes into corolla and I hit the brakes and I crash into the 106. The whole front of the car is totalled. Hood, headlights, bumper byebye.. The a/c leaks fluid as well as the cooler unit. I hit the 106 at the trunk and I went below him. The 106 flew away pops in the air and smashes the corolla. The corolla bumpers were steel (****) and nothing happened to that bitch.She goes out of the car and says: You 2 are blinds etc etc. This bitch hit the brakes for no reason. She affraid or something like that. I'll post pics soon. Damn again. Pitty to LC

#4 ·
That stupid bitch nailed the brakes like no tomorrow. She said she saw sth. Ugly fvcking bietch!

#5 ·
I don't think that you understand that you are not supposed hit people with your car. You can do so by allowing enough space between you and the car infront of you incase of some one "Blocks the tires" in front of you. You should adjust this space according to speed, your skill, your reaction time, your cars perfomance(tires, brakes etc.) and the persons cars performance in front of you. Considering your in a hyunduai probably on 195-185 all seasons, you obviously are no where near left foot braking or threshold brake modulation in a panic....Just stay as far back as possible....

Forever Yours,
Roy

#7 ·
Damn that sucks. Are you going to part it out......

#8 ·
Originally posted by rbuecker
[body]
the only bad part about leaving proper distance is all of the fvuckers who pull into that gap ;P

yeah, leave at least 2 seconds in front of you. even at higher speeds i dont feel that is enough :(
[/body]
Sticky tires, learn to LFB and threshold braking. You can drive inches behind the guy infront of you at 120 if your good enough...you just have to pay attention, cover the brake and be sure you can outbrake the guy infront of you(also you have to take into account if the front of your car is 1 second ahead of the front of the car ahead of you at 80MPH. You stop at the same spot and slow to 20mph. the front ends are still one second apart meaning that you are in his trunk...)

Roy

#9 ·
The problem is that here in greece the roads are crap. The crash occured while driving with 15-20mph tops! The abs engaged instantly because the tarmac there wasn't tarmac but something like that(greek roads 4ever). It was like stopping in oil. So bang! And because my car is very low, with the braking it went lower and nailed the 106 right up. Fortunatelly no airbags opened so I will fix it. Some parts and some paintjob is required. Maybe I'll put my WRC bumper again if I have to pay less. The good thing though is that my insurance company covers that hit and pays for everything even if it's my fault or other's fault.

#11 ·
nah... the t27 exists here. You can see many of those on the road. Cheap country, cheap cars.

#13 ·
Originally posted by Roy Dietsch
[body]
[body]
the only bad part about leaving proper distance is all of the fvuckers who pull into that gap ;P

yeah, leave at least 2 seconds in front of you. even at higher speeds i dont feel that is enough :(
[/body]
Sticky tires, learn to LFB and threshold braking. You can drive inches behind the guy infront of you at 120 if your good enough...you just have to pay attention, cover the brake and be sure you can outbrake the guy infront of you(also you have to take into account if the front of your car is 1 second ahead of the front of the car ahead of you at 80MPH. You stop at the same spot and slow to 20mph. the front ends are still one second apart meaning that you are in his trunk...)

Roy
[/body]
thanks but that sounds retarded, and i'd rather drive comfortably.

#14 ·
I think I'm a good driver but after 12 hours of work I couldn't focus. Pitty, but wtf.

#15 ·
[body]
Originally posted by Roy Dietsch
[body]
[body]

[/body]

Roy
[/body]
thanks but that sounds retarded, and i'd rather drive comfortably.
[/body]
I can't believe people like you have a license. Driving is hard work, it takes attentiveness and preparation. If you want to drive comfortably please don't do behind a car full of kids at least give some space between yourself and the car in front of you so when you do have time to drive you may be able to stop before you are in the trunk of the car in front of you. Maybe you should change your view of driving it's a privilige not a right. It must be respected so that everyone makes it where they want to go safely.

Roy

#17 ·
Roy is absolutely right. There is absolutely no excuse in rear-ending someone. It may be hard sometimes to accurately judge braking distance but it is no excuse. Neither is "she braked for no reason". Fact of the matter is she braked for some reason and you hit her (ok car behind her). You failed to leave adequate room and this time it bit you in the ass. Sorry to hear about the car but you hitting the middle car is your fault not hers'. So suck it up and consider it a lesson learned.

#18 ·
Oh come on man. You think you're good enough to avoid accidents yourself. Yeah right. Try to stop in oil when you have at least 5 cars distance from the front and going 50mph and then tell me. You so clever... I didn't say it wasn't my fault but **** happens and sometimes maybe it isn't your fault as the law thinks but wtf this IS the law. So you suck it up. I've learned my lesson plenty of times before . And you said that I'll have to learn how to drive. For your information I have a racing driver's license which I received 4 years ago and ever since I run in local circuits. So again, you suck it up. I'm not here to fight one another. I thought this forum was for chatting and changing opinions. Attacking is not chatting. Cheers

#21 ·
I really believe it's my fault period. **** happens. The car is in the paintshop now for some repair. Will post pics soon.

#22 ·
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
roy, you must be one hella of a good driver...
[/body]
I don't follow people "that" closely on the street. I do LFB and I drive according the vehicle I am in. I just try to drive smart and responsible. japakos; that’s good that you admit fault and are taking steps so it doesn’t happen again. I am sorry for the name-calling It just seemed from your wording that you blame this entirely on the corolla.

Sorry,
Roy

#23 ·
Japakos I'm not trying to attack you. My words may have been harsh but from your earlier posts you seem to blame the woman for your accident. I get really annoyed with people blaming other people for accidents that they cause. I'm glad that you acknowledge your mistake and I'm sorry for the tongue lashing. I'm not claiming to be a perfect driver myself. I haven't had an accident in the 7 years I've been driving but I have had way too many close calls, some my fault but mostly not. As much as I would love to agree that having a racing licence makes you a good driver, the fact of the matter is, on the road it doesn't. You may have better skills at vehicle control and such (which is good) but if you drive on the road as if it is a race track (not saying you are) then you are just as dangerous and irresponsible as a 16 year old boy racer. I was born into rallying so I know and understand the importance of car control and the thrill of driving on the edge. But I try to drive responsibly on the road and leave my "practicing" to vacant parking lots and backroads where there aren't any people to hurt.

#25 ·
[body]
sorry i've been away for so long. been busy building an alter for my new idol, the Roy. all hail Roy and her infinite glory.
[/body]
I made some corrections to your post...If you send me your address I can send you an autographed photo along with my new book "How not to drive like a punk and hurt innocent people"

Roy

[Edited by Roy Dietsch on Nov 15, 2005 12:50 PM]

#26 ·
Yea have to allow more space due to people being idiots like slamming on the brakes. None of you guys have driver cars in Greece I take it, they are all freakin nuts over there. As we were driving the wrong way on a one way street there my grandfather told me, "road signs are just suggestions". People wait to cross the streets in herds in Athens cause they will get run over otehrwise.
Point being japakos I am supprised you lasted this long with out crashing.

[Edited by LilTimmy on Nov 15, 2005 12:59 PM]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.