Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone here be interested in going on a cruise in the lonely part of the country?

Tasmania hasn't got any Hyundai Cruise action for quite a while, if at all...

Let me know if anyone would be interested and tell us where your located, when your best available, etc. so we can organise something.

Personally I am available any Sunday and occasionally during the week. Evening is also an option. I am located in Hobart.

I would love to go on a cruise with fellow Hyundai owners but cant really afford (money and time) to drive up to Sydney for it.

--Aaron--

·
Registered
146 Posts
lol i'm from up top aight

i plan on being at symmons for the next octagon round, hows that for a destination ?

oct 2nd i thnk

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::evil:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I hear there are lots of great roads for cruising in tassie. Would sure love to come down sometime in the future.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Okay everyone get on the boat from Sydney to Devonport. Crusie down the east coast past Launceston to Hobart, up the west coast then back on the boat again. Viola a car cruise that you can take your car for a boat ride.

·
Registered
146 Posts
as machine says, jump on teh boat guys :)

arrive in devonport, cruise up to launceston, i can book the local racetrack, we can have some fun there, then cruise to this wikid pancakepalor in the mouontains down the eastcoast for dinner, then to a wikid beack to camp the night.
from there to portaethur, then hobart, i'm sure we can find somewhere to stay and something to do down there :)
from hobart up the west coast, now here are some fun roads, because of the low traffic they are in mint condition, just ask anyone who has done targa.... there's an idea, we could prolly get hold of some targa stage info and do our own ( mostly legal speeds) Hyundai Targa.. Harga??
it wont be cheap.. but damm it would.. will be good >)

my darling wife just came up with an idea.

why not stage it as a charity run? SIDS springs to mind, red nose day?
as far as i'm aware, expenses would be tax deductable.
we could look at sponsorship, media coverage etc etc.

if this seems like a feasable exercise we'll repost this as a topic heh?

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:

[Edited by kramit on Oct 1, 2004 5:26 AM]

·
Registered
459 Posts
The boat isnt that expensive especially since the car rides for free except in peak time, hostel isnt that bad also and its cheaper, spose could leave from melbourne and its even less but lots more driving but i spose could collect people in Canberra and Melbourne along the way. Hmmm tax deduction sounds good too. And the local race track(in the North anyway) is where the V8 supercars will be racing so its sure to be good, just not sure if something goes wrong. But yes ive done the west coast roads a number of times and they are fun. Bordering on insane the number of turns you have to make in some stretches. I spose its just a matter of organisation and committment to a date and car numbers to make it successful.
Count me in, just need some notice for work.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to see some people are interested.

I would love to see this cruise go ahead. How about we call it mid-late November. That should give us enough time to sort out the logistics. We could make it over the weekend, say arrive in Hobart on Saturday morning, so leave from Sydney or Melbourne on thur night, cruise on down to Launceston to Symmons Plains, Kramit can you email me some details about booking Symons. Camp at the unnamed beach in Launny.

Head on down to my part of town, Hobart. There are pleenty of places to stay down here. Australia's oldest town, Richmond, is a beautiful place to stay, or we could do the hostel thing.

Then head up around the west back to Devonport to catch the boat at night back to Melbourne or Sydney.

Can I have a list of people that would be interested in this and we can start organising it.

Thanks guys.

Catch ya soon

--Aaron--

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had a look at boat prices. It's not cheap but if you can drive to Melbourne it might be cheaper in the end.

Spirit Of Tasmania
Melbourne to Devonport - November Per Passenger $115 Vehicle $10
Sydney to Devonport - November Per Passenger $255 Vehicle $10

These prices are one way unfortunately.

--Aaron--

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Yeah, come to Melbourne! :evil: I'll bring the toolbox along for insurance.

[Edited by MechaniX_034 on Oct 2, 2004 6:27 AM]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would defeat the purpose of this cruise... To get some cruise action in tassie, cause it hasn't had any.

--Aaron--

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So no-one is interested in coming down then?

Come on guys. There is bugger all good hyundais down here and we want to see some of you guys. This is a great island and you will see some of the BEST scenery in the country, even the world.

We could have such a great cruise.

Let us know,

Aaron

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's hard enough trying to organise a cruise around sydney - so the chances of ppl going to Tassie is around 0%

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
What's so funny kramit? It's actually quite sad :depressed:
The last two cruises arranged on these forums, the turnout were very disappointing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
meant no diz dude :(

it's hard enough to orgynise a cruise in syd i can understand.
spare a thought then for us poor cousins in tas :(

CRUSTY !!!!

i'm in hobart for the week
then back next week aswell

gimme a call dude... (dont believe i'm postin this )

:bandit:

[Edited by kramit on Oct 20, 2004 2:19 AM]

·
Registered
459 Posts
hehe wheres that website where you leave your phone numbers for a good time. :devious:
Was always going to be hard to justify the cost and take the time to do this. But if it ever eventuates count me in.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I met up with Kramit yesterday and we were talking about the costs of this trip around tas for interstate people and realised it would be out of the range of most.

I was thinking however that all us tassie guys can organise a trip around on a weekend or something where we are all free.

Let me know if your interested and what days (or nights) suit you.

--Aaron--

1 - 20 of 21 Posts