Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about having a custom exhaust made for my 98 tib.

im pretty sure im going to go to a local shop and have 2.25in mandrel bent tubings made. in addition im going to order a catco universal high flow cat as well as a universal borla proXS muffler.

do you think that the borla muffler will sound good on a tib? any suggestions? should i maybe go glasspack instead?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im sure it would sound good.

I got my cat back exhaust off ebay and i love it. It was only 250 bucks and it has a low growling sound to it instead of a high one like a civic. I have ppl tell me all the time that they really like the way my exhaust sounds. I definitely recommend checking that out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im sure it would sound good.

I got my cat back exhaust off ebay and i love it. It was only 250 bucks and it has a low growling sound to it instead of a high one like a civic. I have ppl tell me all the time that they really like the way my exhaust sounds. I definitely recommend checking that out.
What is the EBAY VENOR And NAme of The Exhaust Please? Part Number?

Sounds way cool.....No Fart Can on the end?

You have a sound file for us?

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Resonators do wonders.

When i do exhaust i always put a Thrush glasspack in the middle of the piping along with my muffler at the end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just got exhaust done on my 2001 tib a few days ago, i have CAI and 1.8L cam as previous mods, i decided to go with glasspack in place of a cat and an apexi tip off ebay.. and i have a 2.5 in header back custome made.. alls i can say is my car deffinently rips harder, but i think my cat was out and clogged up on my stock exhaust so idk... haha ^^. but i did it all for under 300$ and it was worth every cent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts