Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of making some boots for Hyundai models. If you're interested in sending me your boot, I will gladly make a FREE custom boot for you.

I have a wide selection of colors in Italian Leather, Alcantara (suede) and Carbon Fiber vinyl. I also can do just about any color of stitching to match up with your car color.

Please get in touch if you're interested. I can work on any car that is manual transmission and has shift boots and e-brake boots.

Here are some samples of my work:

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
so if i send you my shift boot, i get one for free??? ****, i dont even have it on the car. email me. mikeh32 at yahoo dot com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
krazymikeyGT said:
so if i send you my shift boot, i get one for free??? ****, i dont even have it on the car. email me. mikeh32 at yahoo dot com
Yes, if you have the stock boot, than we would need you to send it to us so we can model your new boot from it. We want to make sure the fit is exactly the same as the stock one :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ereeves116 said:
i'd send you one from an 02 Accent as well. they might be the same though so let me know. if not, i'd still be interested. my email is [email protected]
We're expecting one already, so we should have a boot pattern made shortly.

Would you be interested in picking one up at a discounted price?

Please let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed new boot today

I just got done installing my new shifter boot today. I appologize ahead of time for the length of the post...i can get pretty long winded.

here is a before pic of my old boot. The finish was just flaking off.

IMG_0675.JPG

And here is a pic of the new shiftstyle boot.

IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

The boot appears to be of very good quality and looks HOT!!!! I think the pics speaks for itself. I bet it will last for the life of the car...which better be another 10 years at least.

Installation was pretty straight forward. Just take your time and you should be fine. I found it helpful to take pictures as I went along so I knew how everything went back together.

FIRST OFF!!! dont be a dumba** like me and complain about the slits all around the bottom of the boot. Apparently these are intentionally added to the boot to ease installation.

The only other piece of advice I will give at this time is on how to remove the console top cover. I put a slight mark in my console figuring this out(barely barely noticeable, but of course I can see it). The way I think best to remove the top cover w/o any special tools is to pick an aft corner and wedge a butter knife under the sides of the corner and lift up until the clip snaps apart. Repeat for the other aft side. Once these aft 2 clips are released there are 4 more to go that should release easily by gently lifting up from the back forward. A similar procedure was posted elsewhere but thought it was worth repeating.

I could post the complete installation as I did it in my own words, but it may be available elsewhere by someone else and I dont really want to step on anyone's toes. I have pics of most steps and will be happy to post it if you guys want to see it.

Thanks a bunch shiftstyle....Great product.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts