Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just aquired a 2003 Elantra with a bad engine and I am going to swap it out, my question is how can I tell if it is a CVVT engine or not? The parts supplier ask me that question when I call looking for an engine. Could somebody please tell me in detail, include pictures if possible on how I could go about finding out if my car has CVVT?

Its real confusing because they say the have 20 motors for the 2001 and 2002 elantra non-CVVT and the have a lot of motors for the 2003 CVVT but only have one motor for the 2003 non-CVVT, I thought the non-CVVT motor from the 2001 and 2002 would fit.

Joey

·
Registered
237 Posts
either motor will work. If your 03 has cvvt (which is possible but quite rare) you will see a sensor on the drivers side of the head on the front corner. you can putt a cvvt motor in there and just not hook up the cvvt sensor and it will work fine and dandy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I do have the same problem and need to change my Hyundai Elantra's Engine but do not know if it is a CVVT engine or NOT!!!?? Is a CVVT engine going to work even if my engine is NOT CVVT!???? or Do I need to get an engine WITHOUT CVVT!!?? I have a hard time to sort this out.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
David

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
either motor will work. If your 03 has cvvt (which is possible but quite rare) you will see a sensor on the drivers side of the head on the front corner. you can putt a cvvt motor in there and just not hook up the cvvt sensor and it will work fine and dandy.
try reading dariuspasadena

1 - 6 of 6 Posts