Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have done my research and i found that the elantra xd2 are the ones that comes with the CVVT. I have noticed that for my xd elantra at about 4000rpm my car gets a lil boost almost like there is a cvvt...can it be possible that some 03 elantras came with this in the engine? or is it just the way the actual beta engine is?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Elantras in "california emmisions" states, like CA, NY and Mass got them in late 03, but not all.

What your feeling is the cut off valve in the muffler that opens at 4000 rpm.
Under 4k, it's closed to provide more backpressure and exhaust velocity and to keep quiet. Over 4k it opens to provide a more straight through exhaust path. All Elantras 01+ have it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I...does this add to any hp gain. or is it just for emmision purposes?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an 04 and I feel the same thing.
I wouldn't worry about it it helps keep bottom end tourqe.
If you remove it you might get a better top end but you will loose the tourqe that you need to help get you moving in the begining.:bandit:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who said about anything about being worried?:ermm:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by greatwhiteshark
[body]
I have an 04 and I feel the same thing.
I wouldn't worry about it it helps keep bottom end tourqe.
If you remove it you might get a better top end but you will loose the tourqe that you need to help get you moving in the begining.:bandit:
[/body]

and low end torque is a wonderful thing 8D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well you asked so it had to be on your mind in some way hey for all you know you could have had a bad muffler bearing haha:bored:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts