Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I get home after a loooong flight and all I wanna do is take a nice cruise with my tibby. But when I got in it and tried to start it up, I got nothing. There's power, and I could hear the starter clicking, but thats it. I am 100% baffled at what it could be. The battery is a month old, and I checked for corrosion as this has caused starting problems in the past, but nope, no corrosion. This happened another time back when I first got the car, and I replaced the starter. But would the starter have gone again? It's making the same noise...just the evil clicking that I hate. I tried starting it 3 times, same thing, so I gave up. The car has been sitting for three days, there's plenty of gas too. Im thinking maybe the cold has something to do with it, because suddenly its freezing here, and the cars not yet used to it. The car also has 100,000 + miles on it.....pretty fresh oil change. Needs belts and all that good stuff but I dont think that would have any effect here.

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I really dont think i left any lights on or anything...I mean I could of but I dont think I did. And the battery is an Optima red top, pretty much brand new. We're gonna try messing with the terminals and such tomorrow, so hopefully that'll work.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
It probably might be a frozen fuel line,
and freezing weather ain't so friendly to electronics

You might want to add some alcohol based fuel injection cleaner or Seafoam in the tank

Remember, alcohol inhibit's freezing
why else do people swig a flask of brandy during winter?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Na, It ain't minus zero yet, so I highly doubt its the "cold weather"
If your hearing, Click,click,click,click, ... its your starter, or possibly fuel pump?, I would guess (assuming your battery is okay).

[Edited by x7xstring on Sep 20, 2004 2:49 PM]

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turned out to be that my boyfriend didnt tighten the wires on the terminals tight enough when he installed the new battery :dead:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by Tibbychick
[body]
It turned out to be that my boyfriend didnt tighten the wires on the terminals tight enough when he installed the new battery :dead:
[/body]
haha, i was gonna recommend checking the terminals, because that seems to be a common problem of mine, but i didnt think anyone else does that.:paranoid:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts