Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys here is the problem i cut the harness going to the digital clock in my center console and now my electrical system is going haywire!!!:mad::mad::( Their are two blue/black wires, two orange/black wires, two green/orange wires and one black wire which is the ground. i looked at the schematic from hmaservice and that did no good. Can someone explain the combination and routes of the wires the schematic are so complicated.

It is a 01 accent 3 door auto

THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
466 Posts
i cut the harness going to the digital clock in my center console and now my electrical system is going haywire
Why and where did you cut it? Was it just behind the clock or further down the harness? If further down then I will need more informations about where exactly.

Can you also explain exactly what your electrical issues are? It would help to know what I am looking for in the schematics.

Aaron.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Their are two blue/black wires, two orange/black wires, two green/orange wires and one black wire which is the ground.
Ok. Schematic mentions the following:

0.85 Black -- Ground
0.5 Green/Orange -- Illumination for clock
0.5 Blue/Black -- Constant Power IN (12v) for clock
0.5 Blue/Black -- Constant Power OUT (12v) for stereo
0.5 Orange/Black -- ACC Power IN (12v) for clock
0.5 Orange/Black -- ACC Power OUT (12v) for stereo

It doesn't show a second Green/Orange wire but Hyundai's are strange like that. I'm actually surprised all the colours matched up.

As you can probably see from above, the only thing that should be affected by cutting all the above wires is that your stereo probably isn't working. The stereo gets both its constant power and its accessories power from that harness, power goes in to the clock and also gets sent back to the stereo from that harness. Try rewiring the harness and this should be solved.

The plug should be wired like so:
Pin 1: Black wire
Pin 2: 2x Orange/Black wires
Pin 3: 2x Green/Orange wires
Pin 4: 2x Blue/Black wires

Pin out is as follows when looking at the pins with the wires away from you:

---------
| 1 | 2 |
---------
| 3 | 4 |
---------

Hope this helps. If there is something more specific that is happening then let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts