Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know and/or have pics on how to remove it. I saw some old posts on it but they were to old I guess and I couldn't pull up the links. I'm tryin to change the color and bulbs. thanks

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I don't know about the bulb sizes or anything, but to get the cluster out, there are two screws at the top you need to take out, then the bottom part of the cover just snaps out, then there are 4 screws that hold the cluster in, take those out, then disconnect the cables on the back, and pull the cluster out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have done this, you cannot replace the bulbs, they are proprietart osram/sylvania bulbs, you could try using colored caps or translucent paint on the bulbs, but it's risky... I would recomment not making any modification to the bulbs themselves, what I eventually did was make an LED backlight setup, I glue-gunned 3 3mm LEDs in each light hole and wired 'em up. this took forever and the result was not that great looking... but if you really want to do it, that's what I did...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used the Cyber White Xenon Lightning Whites 194 bulbs. They light up a blueish white it looks really good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have to take off the green paint on the cluster (like the center console) or is already clear and youcan just replace the bulbs the color you want. I'm assuming that there is green b/c the on the photos the color isn't completely evenely distributed, but it still looks good.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No you dont have to remove any green paint. All you have to do is replace the bulbs with what ever color you want. The stock bulbs have a green light bulb cover over the bulbs which makes it light up green.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats good news, that green paint is a pain in the tail. Hey, whats the easiest way to take the dash out, I took the top 2 screws off and it won't budge. I have never taken this part off before so it might be stuck. Can't really pry b/c there not enough room. Any ideas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks yall I got it out..pryed it at a bad angle... wher did you guys get your bulbs from? do they make color caps to replace the green caps with? wouldn't that be nice!?

[Edited by accentrider01 on Nov 7, 2005 12:36 PM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts