Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked all the fuses, and took out the speedo and don't see anything wrang. My dash light wont work but the exterior light are fine. Is there anyway the bulb(s) may be out? I can't seem to find the problem and it's a big hassle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
if u have a dimmer knob check that if it cameunpluged
both my excels have had dimmer knobs and neither made the ligths dim but if u have it unplugd u lose all interior lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
I am not sure exactly how they are wired, but it could be a fuse for all those inside lights I would bet they would all be the same fuse if the was one, I am just not sure if there would be one for that. That dimmer knob could also be going bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
yea

that happened to me. it is a fuse in the engine bay. open the box, and there is a line of normal fuses, between all the big ones. pull them out and check them one by one. that happened like 2 weeks ago and it fixed mine. it is a 10.maybe itll work for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BrioGL said:
that happened to me. it is a fuse in the engine bay. open the box, and there is a line of normal fuses, between all the big ones. pull them out and check them one by one. that happened like 2 weeks ago and it fixed mine. it is a 10.maybe itll work for you
If you could draw me a diagram or describe which one it was I'd REALLY appreciate it!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
well, there should only be one line of fuses that are normal, all the other ones are big and boxy. in that line, i believe it is the fourth one from right to left. the box should say something useful on the cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
they put the interior light fuses under the hood now? weird.
dont forget the dimmer knob
i dont know why mine never worked to dim the lights but if i unplug it no lights come on inside:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
the problem is the interior light diode that is located in the fusebox under the hood. open that fuse box and you will see 2 diodes, they look almost like fuses but instead of an amperage rating on them there is the diode symbol. i forget which one is for the lights, but there is only two. you can switch them around to test and see of that is the problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Powerfuldime said:
the problem is the interior light diode that is located in the fusebox under the hood. open that fuse box and you will see 2 diodes, they look almost like fuses but instead of an amperage rating on them there is the diode symbol. i forget which one is for the lights, but there is only two. you can switch them around to test and see of that is the problem
Awesome, thanks!!!! I FOund it! It was a diode inside the car in the fuse box under the dash. Now my christmas is merry:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
All you have to check is the fuses visually...
If you have a multimeter switch it to continuity mode and see if it beeps (if your eyes arent so good)...

But yeah check the 2-3 fuseboxes in the car then check the diodes with a multimeter...





Cheers
scythe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
BrioGL said:
that happened to me. it is a fuse in the engine bay. open the box, and there is a line of normal fuses, between all the big ones. pull them out and check them one by one. that happened like 2 weeks ago and it fixed mine. it is a 10.maybe itll work for you
I've got the same problem as him and everytime you turn the lights on the fuse pops and is now gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
msvg said:
I checked all the fuses, and took out the speedo and don't see anything wrang. My dash light wont work but the exterior light are fine. Is there anyway the bulb(s) may be out? I can't seem to find the problem and it's a big hassle...
i had similar problem about 2 years ago in my 98 accent and it was a faulty dimmer switch the local hyundai dealer had one on the shelf for i think it was $32.00 or something like that put it in and no problems since
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
yea

that happened to me. it is a fuse in the engine bay. open the box, and there is a line of normal fuses, between all the big ones. pull them out and check them one by one. that happened like 2 weeks ago and it fixed mine. it is a 10.maybe itll work for you
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and this happened to me. Thank you for posting that it was a fuse in the engine fuse/relay box. That was a game changer/life saver for me. A guy in another forum said it was a fuse in the interior fuse box called Tail RH and he was right about the name but not the location. When I read your post, I opened the box and found it!! Replaced it and it worked! Thank you so much! I’m no mechanic woman but I was so proud I fixed this!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top