Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've had my Excel Sprint X3 '96 for a little while now, passed down in the family. It started to get cracks in the dash about 4 years ago, and no one wanted to fix it. Seeing as i have it now, i want it fixed.

I've bought Gregory's workshop manual for it, and i want to replace the dash. Is this even possible, to just take the plastic dash off, and put another on? Can the plastic come off on it's own, or does all the electrical have to stay with it? Is it all screws n bolts or is it glue and bonded?

Has anyone else come up against this problem?
Anyone have any advice in replacing or even repairing a sun cracked dash?

Please Help!!:D

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of my nasty cracked dash. Tell me if you reckon this is repairable!

As you can see in this next one, one of the bits of plastic is completely broken!

Anyone know any wreckers around liverpool (sydney) way which would have excel parts?

·
Registered
621 Posts
OMG !! that is so common for excels !!
just visit any wrecker in australia and you will see the same thing with 98% of excels.

by chance did you have a dash mat? if not, get one when you fix or replace the dash. Prevention is the best cure and all.

otherwise you could give some sikaflex a go as a temp fix, or just replace the whole lot, but it will be a labour intesive excerise. now is a good chance to think about interior re-desgin. how would a carbon fibre or painted fibreglass veneer look over the top the existing dash???

food for thought.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh, and for excel wreckers in sydney and liverpool, there is a chick on the Hyper Australia forums by the name of "Krazy" that can get almost anything from wreckers and stuff.
ask her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts