Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is more a canadian question, are your day time running lights supposed to turn off when your head lights turn on? Mine are not, but i'm thinking they should. Main reason i'm asking is i just put an HID kit in my '00 tib and it looks stupid with the DTL still on.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines a 2000 model and has separate DTL then my head lights. I'm sure i have seen others with just head lights on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2000 tiburon= DRL's turn off when headlights turn on.

Maybe you goofed on the install and now your lights are on all the time?

I believe there is a DIY on how to unplug the DRL module on here somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no goofing on the install the DRL's have been like that since i got the car about 2 years ago, i just put in the HID's on Friday. it's just now with the HID's it looks dumb and i want them off(DRL's)

·
Registered
406 Posts
i have the elantra, but i would think at the setup is the same...my DRL turn off when my headlights are ON! im pretty sure alot of cars have the same setup...usually DRL turn off when headlights are turnd on

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats odd. The DRLs are the inner lights, which are also your high beams. Are you the original owner of the car. Maybe something happened to the headlights, and who ever did the work on them messed up somewhere.

The lights should turn off when your headlights are on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know the DRL are linked in with the e-brake. So when the e-brake is engaged the lights will be off. As soon as you disengage the e-brake the lights come on. Could have something to do with the switch for this. But I would think that it has something to do with the DRL relay under the hood. Not sure which one it is, but there is a wright up about it on RDTiburon.com somewhere. lol
Are you having problem with any of you interior lights? Cause I think that the same relay that the DRL are on are also the same one that is for the gauge cluster and such.

[Edited by BlackTibby00 on Feb 21, 2006 6:40 PM]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Rixshark
[body]
Thats odd. The DRLs are the inner lights, which are also your high beams. Are you the original owner of the car. Maybe something happened to the headlights, and who ever did the work on them messed up somewhere.

The lights should turn off when your headlights are on.
[/body]
Na bought it use a couple years ago. I have a feeling it's something to do with the remote starter that was put in. I'll have to check it over on the weekend.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just pull up on the E-Brake one click, its not enough to stop the car or even slow it down, but it should turn them off. I do that when I want to show off my strobes in parades and stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was actually experimenting with this the other day as I was working on my Tib... There should be a fuse (likely 15A) in the under-hood fusebox for the DRL system. Pull it out, and voila, your DRL system will be disabled. Hope this helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts