Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 2002 accent 5 spd with a 1.5 and the other day as i left a friends house i revved it quite high to get in front of a car and i think i over revved it, i don't have a tach so i'm not sure. Now the entire car shakes really really bad when i hit speeds over 45 and it won't stop shaking untill i stop. It is not the engine as it does not shake when revved, only in motion. If thatis has happened to anyone else any help would be greatly welcomed.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
That sounds like Suspension, bad tires, ball joints.....any of these strike you as problem areas that you know of?

Sorry, forgot about Bearings...

[Edited by accentguru on Dec 19, 2005 10:11 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
[body]
i own a 2002 accent 5 spd with a 1.5 and the other day as i left a friends house i revved it quite high to get in front of a car and i think i over revved it, i don't have a tach so i'm not sure. Now the entire car shakes really really bad when i hit speeds over 45 and it won't stop shaking untill i stop. It is not the engine as it does not shake when revved, only in motion. If thatis has happened to anyone else any help would be greatly welcomed.
[/body]
It could possibly be what was posted above me.

If you want a tach on your car, buy a 2000-2002 gauge cluster w/ a tach. Its all plug an play, nothing needs to be changed. That'll help w/ where your revs are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i got a new gauge cluster in the mail

i was thinkin it was ball joint/bearing or a rod of some sort, but it started as soon at it ounced off the rev limiter between 3rd and 4th

i was taking it to off the rev limter to see what each gear would bounce at

[Edited by ilpadrino113 on Dec 19, 2005 3:11 PM]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
maybe you did some damage to an engine mount?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well their are no signs of the rattling anymore, it went away on ym drive home from work. No idea but i'll check everything again just to be sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts