Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Accent GT Hatchback with right at 50,000 miles. I typically drive about mostly highway. I used to get around 390-400 miles per tank typically right around 10 gallons so I was getting 39-40 mpg. Here lately I have been noticing around 34-36mpg. I just put new tires on that is about the only thing that has changed. Also I am very good about maintenance ie.. air filters, oil changes, fuel filters etc...

Any ideas???

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
gas mileage tend's to vary over different conditions, road's and driving styles..

it mean' even though you drive the green way..gas mileage won't alway's be 100% consistent..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey, I live in ottawa ontario it's starting to get cold here about 32 degrees or 0 C. I notice a huge drop in mileage every year when it gets cold. What oil are you putting in your car 5W30? I guarantee it's because it's getting cold. Not much you can do about it other then let your car run a minute or two before you drive when it's really cold. I put in 5W20 in my car the it's a lower viscosity improves gas mileage a bit during the winter.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wide tires eat gas. I am willing to bet that the difference between 155 and 195 is 5 MPG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts