Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 excel gx with wat ive been told a 1.8 out of a 2000model lantra. it goes pretty hard for my likings as it is my daily driver. got pulled over and defected for too low and rims too big, the rims are black ROH azzuro 16s. the car is not registered with the 1.8 cos regency told me that its too much of a power increase over standard and has to be engineered. so its puts me in a bit of a pickle, i only got done for rims and too low but when i go to over the pits to get the defect off they r going to rape me for the different motor. wat does everyone think i should do. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey man.. how low is your excel? .. i think your going to be in abit of a trouble with the engine because it needs to be registered but who knows u might not be checked for engine since the cars already registered... but then again the palce u go to get ur roadworthy done is going to check the engine number and they probably will have to note it.. hopefully it will pass , its a sticky situation.. good luck man!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Plead ignorance if they bring up the engine swap... After all, you bought it that way.

You realise though that they are likely to check absolutely everything; If there is so much as an inkling of an oil leak they will probably fail you :dead:

·
Registered
538 Posts
ye, i dunno how well pleading ignorance would work... if you bought a car will a missile launcher they will not let you drive it cos you dint no... what about takin it to one of those...er... shonky mecs and kinda well... linin their pockets for the paperwork? If one says no, go to the next... of course i dunno if there are safeguards against people doin this so youl have to find that out.
Cheers, Anand :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
^ Hmmm, yeah... A missile launcher is maybe just a little bit different mate :ermm:

Anyway, he'll need to take the car over the pitts at the an RTA test centre... Not at his local mechanic's... Are you suggesting he try to bribe the mechanic undertaking the RTA inspection? lol :duh:

[Edited by OzFxCoupe on Oct 30, 2005 1:47 PM]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by CROOOL_LANTRA
[body]
For wheels and lowering in sydney it would only need to be a pink slip job. NO need to go over the pits at the RTA.
[/body]
To true ... If you have probs getting a pink slip let me know, and I can send you to someone... But I would recommend you get the car engineered... The emissions in 94 are easy to pass, so all as you have to do is book it in to the EPA (call the RTA and ask to book an emissions test), you can go to botany or to Penrith. Emissions testing is free, but you then need to go to the engineer to complete the process. Costs you a couple of hundred for your first engineer session (and if you fail, it is about $50 each time after it) ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
My apologies... I stand corrected :nervous:

I have only ever known people to go to the RTA for defects. Admittedly, never just for rims being too big.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by OzFxCoupe
[body]
My apologies... I stand corrected :nervous:

I have only ever known people to go to the RTA for defects. Admittedly, never just for rims being too big.
[/body]
Yeah, it depends on the level of the defect as to what needs to be done. Low level defects mean you can go to anyone who can issue pink slips and get it fixed... The high level defects require you to get a blue slip ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys, im in adelaide and we dont have pink or blue slips although i do know wat they r as im origianally from sydney. my problem is if the cop jst did me for rims it would be easy jst put stockies on and go get it cleared at the cop shop, but cos he did me for too low i have to go over the pits. im going to try and get it looking as stock as possible go through and play dumb if they spot the motor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just thought id let everyone know, the defect was cleared with flying colours. the motor was already registered in the car which i had no clue of so that was great and they didnt find anything else on the car. so now im trying to decide wat to do to the 1.8 for best power gains?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts