Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got a new rear defog switch for my '00 LC, but the defogger still isn't working. The fuses are fine, when i press the switch, it still clicks, but the light doesn't come on. The dealer tells me its the delay switch behind the dash, but they aren't sure. Please help! I need the name of that part. Also, does anyone have a login and password for the hmaservice site that i could use?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i did a little research on hmaservice.com, but not sure if what i found is relevant. it talks about the Electronic Time & Alarm Control System (ETACS), and gives this info: Rear Defogger Timer
T1 : 20 ± 3 min
would this be the part the dealer is talking about? its located under the little cubby bin on the driver's side

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know its not the light, as i bought a new switch. How would i check for current going to the rear???

·
Registered
978 Posts
my light no longer goes on, but when i push the button and hear the click, it works. Just no light. I have no idea why, and do not care.

Every morning I have to use it now and it works fine, just no light.

·
Registered
978 Posts
my light no longer goes on, but when i push the button and hear the click, it works. Just no light. I have no idea why, and do not care.

Every morning I have to use it now and it works fine, just no light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the new switch, as with the old one, does click but the window isn't clearing, so I know its not the switch. Any help would be great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts