Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell-o, I'm member here for a while. Since I saw a '01 Tib, I knew that i will have this car one day.

But now, my project seems to be possible...

So, I would like to know which motors will fit, into the chassis of a '03 V6, to raise the maximum capability in HP or even better, in torque ? Performence base on the accelleration.

Other thing, can you add a turbo to a supercharged Delta motor ? Is it worth the cash, the time? Add 2 turbo?

I know the max hp of the Delta engine, that why i want to swap it...

Thanks for your time dude :)

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
well at the dealer i work at. this guy had a twin turbo setup. he ran 11's in the 1/4 mile. only problem was the aluminum block sux azz. it expanded under extreme heat conditions and the bolts ripped out of the block. threads and all were still attached.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What is the max hp of the Delta engine that you heard of? If it's the fabled 220-230 it's a lie...There are people already pushing 300+whp in stock blocks, with Superchargers. There is this one guy who is running I think 430+whp on a built block, running a single turbo..The aluminum block doesn't suck, but you also have to make sure that your cooling system is working properly and/or upgrade the cooling system as well.. Corvette engines don't suck, they have aluminum blocks as well.. You don't have to put two turbos in order to get it to be more powerful, it's how you run the turbo setup..The twin turbo setup that are around are expensive as hell, but I think the Turbo setup from nextgenmotorsports.com is going to be starting at 3,500 in a group buy at newtiburon.com They haven't released it yet though. If you were to swap it out, it will probably be pretty expensive to get it going..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by WickedShark
[body]
What is the max hp of the Delta engine that you heard of? If it's the fabled 220-230 it's a lie...There are people already pushing 300+whp in stock blocks, with Superchargers. There is this one guy who is running I think 430+whp on a built block, running a single turbo..The aluminum block doesn't suck, but you also have to make sure that your cooling system is working properly and/or upgrade the cooling system as well.. Corvette engines don't suck, they have aluminum blocks as well.. You don't have to put two turbos in order to get it to be more powerful, it's how you run the turbo setup..The twin turbo setup that are around are expensive as hell, but I think the Turbo setup from nextgenmotorsports.com is going to be starting at 3,500 in a group buy at newtiburon.com They haven't released it yet though. If you were to swap it out, it will probably be pretty expensive to get it going..
[/body]
really thanks for this information. It helps me a lot.

Do you have a url or somewhere i can take information about what you just said ?
I trust you, no problem with that, but i would like to know what the guy has done on his tib to get that power...

you think its possible to reach 500 hp or whp ?

so, if you have a tib '03, and want to have the greatest acceleration as possible, what will be your mods ?

[Edited by actraiser666 on Oct 19, 2005 9:15 AM]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why on earth would you want 500whp?
Sure Z06s pull it off, but we aren't talking about every day cars here. The only cars that come near that power stock are purpose built sports cars designed uncomprimisingly around performance. None of them are FWD.

The only reason for an engine that powerful in a small fwd car is drag racing, and the fwd cars pulling that are not considered terribly safe to drive on the streets.

If you want a fwd dragster, get an SRT-4, 300whp is a pretty easy job. if you just want drag racing power, get a V8 FBody or Stang.

If you want to talk about making a Tib fast, why not stick to its strong points?
The car has the same power-to-weight ratio as 2nd Gen RX-7 or a Porsche 944 (non-turbo version of each) - roughly 17 pounds per horsepower. And like both those cars the tib gets remembered for its cornering, not its drag racing. A company was recently advertising (on the mailing list I think) a Stage 1 supercharger for $3k that brought the whp to 240. That brings the power-to-weight ratio down to 12 pounds per hp (Now we are talking stock Camero Z28 territory). If you can shift fast you should have no problems doing 0-60 under 6 seconds, but you'll still have a controllable car on the track/street.

Also don't underestimate the power of good rubber. The better the rubber on your tires, the more power you'll be able to put down without spinning 'em (and thus better acceleration). Of course, good soft rubber is both expensive and short lived.

From there loose weight. The Tib is a pretty hefty car. If you want it to be fast, rip out the spare tire, the AC, rear seats, anything else you can live without.

And of course, practice proper technique on your particular car. "Mod the driver, not the car."

Of course, you can see my biases in all this, I care less about the acceleration off the line than I do about the acceleration out of a corner. But, that is my cup of tea...

[Edited by Defconfunk on Oct 19, 2005 3:24 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
^^ i'm with him. but fast cars do drink alot of gas also. 270whp in a tib is good enough. srt-4's, i like them alot. but i dont like working on them (not enough engine bay space where the turbo sits). but wait till u see a tib spool up against an srt-4 thats pushing 430hp. tib wipes up. check out the vid of the supercharged tib against the 18psi srt-4 (in off topic section) there is the link to it

http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=11

[Edited by thegrim on Oct 19, 2005 2:43 PM]

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Do you think v6 out of the new sonata would fit? Thats like... 235 horses, and you havent messed with it. that would be nice. And that Azera thing, dosent it have like 280 horses? I dont remember, but it is a 3.8 liter, i mean, think about that with a supercharger, in a tib. wow... neways...

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
ha, they will both fit. but think of the wiring mess it would make. honestly i dont think u can take a 06 motor from a sonata and make ir run in the tib. but ne thing can be done with money. just not worth it. i never met anyone that wanted to swap out a v6.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
As somebody who has switched an entire wiring harness and ECU just for the engine to run like it did in the doner car, I can say.... Its a pretty stupid thing to waste your money on.

Dont forget guys, you can make this hobby fun, and exciting, without investing in something you'll never see a return on. Take this example. I have a 97 tib. I have about 30K invested overall with repairs, mods, and tons and tons and toooooons of time in work involved. I could get maybe 8 grand for my car. I'd never sell it unless it was burnt to nothing but a frame. I've basically shackled myself to this damn car, and I'll never get that cash back.

Thats why I started FlyRyde. To get back what I invested in my crazy project. And what this means to you guys, is you dont need to swap out a fully capable motor for something bigger that wasn't meant to be in your car.

In the V6, I've sat shotgun with about 210-220 under the hood. That bitch was soooo fast. And that wasn't barely making any power. If you had 250-300 whp in a tib, you'd be waaaaaaaaay more than happy. Addicted to boost yes, but waaaay happy.

So FlyRyde is doing performance products now, not just our styling and body products. We have at least one new turbo kit coming out for the V6. We will strongly push for a non sequential Twin Turbo kit for the Delta, as well as a single larger turbo. We also have a couple kits set in stone for the I4 Beta.

Our goal is to provide you with every tool you NEED to make a good 250 on a stock V6.

Starting at 2500 bux. Thats for people who want to get in on our products, like the sale currently for a Carbon Fiber Race Hatch for the GK w/ Lexan window. We put out a low price, about 1000 less than our projected retail sales. We make 6 kits up, not 7 or 8 but just 6. We take all the money from the initial deposites and invest into research and developement. We get a prototype out, test for fitment and ideal placement, we figure out what pipes are needed at what angle. The best suited intercooler is assembled up front and finally, once everything is how we want it, we test for power. We race at the track before and after, and THEN we send out 6 kits.

Lastly I make my money, but more importantly I have a great product to promote at no loss to me, and a big discount for you guys. Everyone wins :) So keep those V6 engines, and hit me up some time.

Chris

·
Registered
490 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
ever considered a sigma swap?

2.7L to 3.5L..
[/body]
i remember reading about someone in korea doing that back in 03. read it somewhere on hp.com. been along time but i recall the problem they were having was randomly occasionally it would simply turn off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts