Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there!
Our accents have a very long "left to right" steering wheel lock, i believe about 3 turns...
has anybody an idea, how to make it more DIRECT, that is, that less steer would be needed for turning... sort of like race cars have...
any ideas WHAT to swap and from which car?

p.s.: there is one solution, it's called steering quickener...
but it would be far more simple to swap a more direct "whole thing" from another car...

·
Registered
686 Posts
you can always bolt a door knob to it to help you turn it quicker...

·
Registered
687 Posts
LoL~

That's like a ******* Suicide knob! All my buddies in Korea have little knobs they do get to make their steering faster, buuutttt, it's horrible to get used to because it's hard to drive a car w/out one when you're used to the knob.

I've never heard anyone tackle this problem before... I'm intrigued on how it's gonna turn out!

Howie~

·
Registered
686 Posts
lol thats not mine, i'm not that lazy i just found that picture online, anybody notice its a rh drive car?

·
Registered
99 Posts
only way would be to have a steering faster steering box
the manual box in a X3 accent has 3.76 turns lock to lock, power steering in a X3 is about 2.93
the manual box in a LC accent has 3.87 turns lock to lock, power steering in a LC is 2.93
nothing i know of has a similar rack with faster movement with similar track width
one way to get a more direct feel to the steering is to make the power steering rack a manual rack - the steering is heavier at low speed, but still faster then an original manual rack, and is very direct and feels better at high speeds
hey there!
Our accents have a very long "left to right" steering wheel lock, i believe about 3 turns...
has anybody an idea, how to make it more DIRECT, that is, that less steer would be needed for turning... sort of like race cars have...
any ideas WHAT to swap and from which car?

p.s.: there is one solution, it's called steering quickener...
but it would be far more simple to swap a more direct "whole thing" from another car...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ja that could be a good idea... but still almost 3 turns from left to right...
manual has almost 4? damn... no wonder i feel like i'm in a truck sometimes...

ok the decision is now like this: i will install power steering and add a 2:1 steering quickener.
plus caster change with moving the three-bolt upper strut mount an inch to the back,... gaining 1-2 degrees of extra caster... with power steering it shouldnt be a problem.

any suggestions?

greetz
Kennman

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got a problem...justi installed accents power steering in my hyundai Accent, which has a BETA inside! and obviously the pipes and lines from accent power steering are TOO SHORT for the beta engine!! Somebody help me!! what can i do? custom make the pipes? does anyone have a pic of their betaswapped powersteering accent engine bay??? please guys post some!
thanks 2 all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts