Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my car?

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 5 Speed 63K miles on it
Clean, smoke free, no rust scratches etc.
Small dent on rear quarter panel, no paint missing no scratches just cosmetic
Short Shifter with Tiburon Shift Knob
Alpine Type S speakers
Rockford Fosgate p3 Speakers
Pioneer CD Deck with Line In
Kosei K1 Wheel with brand new tires on them
Front Strut Bar

I want 5 thousand for my car, do you guys think this is unreasonable? KBB Has it listed as 5k, retail value (dealer) 7k, and that doesn't involve any modifications.

I mean the car is in beautiful condition, the interior is gorgeous and the outside is great except for that small dent, the engine is in perfect condition never had a problem with it took great care of it. I feel that its worth more than 5k and I'm being generous asking that, but I've been trying to sell my car for 3 weeks now and no one seems interested in the slightest bit.:confused:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
it's a hyundai accent. I don't think that many potential buyers will actually be interested in the modifications that you've done to it at all. So I would not consider those as a factor that would raise the value of it. So take your 5k that it is valued at, (not 7k, you're a private seller) and subtract for the dent in it. I'm guessing if you've been trying to sell it for this long now, I'd expect maybe 4-4.5k...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have the stock parts? Because if you could reinstall them, then you could at least sell the after market parts here and make a little bit more money. I don't think the extra after market stuff will really add any value to the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i've been seriously considering that
it's almost like new speakers and different wheels make the car less valuable -_-
thanks for the replys

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
If anyone looks into it and notices it is due for a timing belt, then price that "repair".. possible turn off. 90% of the used hyundais I have seen on lots have 60k miles on them.:confused: That also brings them out of warranty for the second owner.

Why are you trying to get rid of it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still want a sporty car (5 speed, not an SUV, good on gas), but with cargo space

the car just went in for inspection 900 dollars worth of repairs to it (breaks and some other fun things), plus the 280 on the new tires

so i'm looking at a mazda 3 hatchback right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts