Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should i do to create a speed demon car from this little monster?
Now i have sport ECU tuning & HTC Air filter on it. 0-60 ~ 9sec.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congradulations on owning a 2000-2003 LC 4door sedan Accent...
Nice colour...
To make it a speed demon you can either do; a "BETA Swap", Super charge or turbo charge...

BETA swap if probably the cheapest and can still stay N/A (it can how ever still be super or turbo charged)...

Super and turbo charging will give you raw power over the BETA swap (but a super or turbo charged BETA would be a weapon)...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can u tell me what is "BETA swap"? All engine swap or what? i can't understand what is it. Plz dont laugh)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
GRIF said:
What should i do to create a speed demon car from this little monster?
Now i have sport ECU tuning & HTC Air filter on it. 0-60 ~ 9sec.

What ECU? 0-60 - 9 secs?? Is this you just counting up to nine while driving to 60? What is your 1/4 time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ftwvampftw said:
What ECU? 0-60 - 9 secs?? Is this you just counting up to nine while driving to 60? What is your 1/4 time?
ECU i mean chip tuning. 1/4 mile time i'll drive soon. then paste here.
0-60mph i mean

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice car man. To make a speed deamon you need to buy a Sports car. Unless you can do a Beta swap or/and turbo charger yourself. The cost of these projects are as much as buying a mid 90's sports car Eclipse, Rx-7 something like that. Our cars are FF cars Front wheel Front engine. All the weight is in the front. Therefore putting more power in it will cause your cornering to suffer as well as off the line your tires will want to spin more and lose traction. Getting power to the ground in a FF car is difficult and costly i'm just saying know what you're getting into. I would use that car as a winter car and buy a sportier car for the summer. Don't get me wrong i love my accent but will never turbo or Beta swap it. Man this post sounds negative lol. :) HAPPY HAPPY

·
Registered
463 Posts
congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Up to you. A beta swap can be very time consuming and if not done right expensive. Not that turbo charging is any cheeper. They have kits out there for the 1.6 Alph (the engine in your car) but they run anywhere from 3,500 to 5,000 US dollers. You could also do the DIY turbo. theres a guy on here selling a really ligitamate turbo manifold and down pipe for the 1.6. Youll need a turbo a a few other things but i can promise that when you get it installed you'll be happy for months with its power. I just recently did that with mine...all stock just slaped a diy manifold and turbo with some intercooler off ebay set the psi level to 5 and its been fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fintile said:
Up to you. A beta swap can be very time consuming and if not done right expensive. Not that turbo charging is any cheeper. They have kits out there for the 1.6 Alph (the engine in your car) but they run anywhere from 3,500 to 5,000 US dollers. You could also do the DIY turbo. theres a guy on here selling a really ligitamate turbo manifold and down pipe for the 1.6. Youll need a turbo a a few other things but i can promise that when you get it installed you'll be happy for months with its power. I just recently did that with mine...all stock just slaped a diy manifold and turbo with some intercooler off ebay set the psi level to 5 and its been fun.
Tnx. But in my car 1498cc. I'm already happy with its power.
1st gear up to 60kph
2nd gear - 100kph
3rd gear - 150kph
And dynamics is impressive!!!

i wanna test it on 1/4 mile and max speed.
But now it's impossimble to find cop clear road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
liveD said:
Nice car man. To make a speed deamon you need to buy a Sports car. Unless you can do a Beta swap or/and turbo charger yourself. The cost of these projects are as much as buying a mid 90's sports car Eclipse, Rx-7 something like that. Our cars are FF cars Front wheel Front engine. All the weight is in the front. Therefore putting more power in it will cause your cornering to suffer as well as off the line your tires will want to spin more and lose traction. Getting power to the ground in a FF car is difficult and costly i'm just saying know what you're getting into. I would use that car as a winter car and buy a sportier car for the summer. Don't get me wrong i love my accent but will never turbo or Beta swap it. Man this post sounds negative lol. :) HAPPY HAPPY
really i needn't sport car. i bielive that acc can tuneup. 4example acc wrc!!! 300hp and real good car.
approx. like that i wanna tune my car) but i'm short in perfomance(

·
Registered
138 Posts
GRIF said:
Tnx. But in my car 1498cc. I'm already happy with its power.
1st gear up to 60kph
2nd gear - 100kph
3rd gear - 150kph
And dynamics is impressive!!!

But now it's impossimble to find cop clear road.
I have trouble going past 30kph in first gear!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
GRIF said:
really i needn't sport car. i bielive that acc can tuneup. 4example acc wrc!!! 300hp and real good car.
approx. like that i wanna tune my car) but i'm short in perfomance(
I agree that the WRC Accent is an awesome car. If thats your goal it can be done with a high cost. The WRC Accent doesn't use any of the same parts as the production accent. That means Engine transmission etc. It depends what your goal is. If you want to sink a lot of money into a car for performance Tune your Accent. if you want to build a track car or "the fasted car on the block" i wouldn't suggest starting off with an accent. It's a bad base to start out with to build a super car. But if your happy it's all good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hyundaiaccent07 said:
I have trouble going past 30kph in first gear!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
What does it mean? Soon i'll share video. Now it's rain, outumn... need carefull driving...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
wait wait wait....Ok i just figured it out. In KPH You get to 60 in 1st thats about 40 mph US...what engine did you say was in the car, cause even with a sport ECU an Accent might be able to make it to 30 MPH (40-45 kph i think). I have a turbo on mine an i just make it to 35 mph in first....you should check it again...if its correct I gotta see what ECU tune your using.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fintile said:
wait wait wait....Ok i just figured it out. In KPH You get to 60 in 1st thats about 40 mph US...what engine did you say was in the car, cause even with a sport ECU an Accent might be able to make it to 30 MPH (40-45 kph i think). I have a turbo on mine an i just make it to 35 mph in first....you should check it again...if its correct I gotta see what ECU tune your using.
in my acc 1,5l DOHC. ATC Cone Air Filter. ECU was wrote for my order. Sport wariant. Also in my car catalisator.

About 60kph it's really. 4-5 times i'll check it. The day be4 yesterday in 7500rpm was aprox. 61kph. maybe after 3-4 hours i'll take video of this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finelly I've took a video! and now i'm going drink) in a few hours i'll share it. Test 4th gear - 190kph!!! Very scarry!!! But video is only up to 3rd gear and little 4th not for 7500rpm. U'll see it!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
AH thats why! you have more rpms to run with. when does the limiter hit now? 7,500 rpm or 8k? Sorry I wasnt thinking about that when i commented. I need to get a performance ecu to test on my turbo...i figure if i cn use the stock ecu as it is with a turbo i should be able to use a performance ecu with it too.

where did you get your ECU from? website?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fintile said:
AH thats why! you have more rpms to run with. when does the limiter hit now? 7,500 rpm or 8k? Sorry I wasnt thinking about that when i commented. I need to get a performance ecu to test on my turbo...i figure if i cn use the stock ecu as it is with a turbo i should be able to use a performance ecu with it too.

where did you get your ECU from? website?
ECU have wrotten personal 4 me. cost around $300. max rpm is 7500.
in future if i install turbo ECU will have to rewrite to get more hp and stability work. in near future i'll tune alot of acc...'s and getz's ECU. all ineed is flasher and data-cable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now i can show my little monster. click it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts