Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering, i see a lot of posts that
say like 176 kw and 150mn. is there any type of formula to convert these numbers into hp, and tourqe

thanks

<hr noshade width=60% size=1 align=left>ko

·
Registered
138 Posts
kW x 1.34 = hp
Nm x .738= lb ft

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, now i can find out how much these turbos are putting out

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>ko

·
Registered
178 Posts
fsttib,

The power figures I stated were for my specific turbocharger. The turbochargers in us in the Ballistic Racing stage 2 kit is slightly different, here are the differences.

The turbine section is identical, and the changes only occur on the compressor side. the Stage 2 kit contains an AR60 comp housing running a Turbonetics Super V comp wheel, while my personal turbocharger uses an AR70 comp housing runnning the 60-1 comp wheel - the two wheel's inducer and major diameter's vary slightly, (obviously affecting performance) these measure up as follows:- The Super V wheel has a 55mm inducer and a 76mm major, the 60-1 wheel has a 59mm inducer and a 76mm major.

The larger inducer produces a higher air-flow and thus more power. For more information you can visit www.turboneticsinc.com and browse the ionline catalog section and view the T3/T4 hybrid turbochargers for more information.

The power differences between the 60-1 and Super V wheel are not drastic, and the power you can expect will not be much less than 10% of my power figures stated.

Now for the answer to the question probably brewing in your head - We don't believe that the Stage 3 kit (my exact setup as seen in the photo's) will be viable as you need to replace the radiator with a thicker one(42mm core as opposed to the 18mm stock version), the windscreen washer bottle needs to be removed completely,the air-filter needs to be relocated inside the fender, and many other modifications need to be done that cost alot of money and remove some of the luxuries in the vehicle itself - which many clients would not really like to go through to get the large compressor housing to fit into the space available. Also the costs of this kit would be considerably more because of the extra list of components and much larger housing (which is very expensive)

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>Tiburon Turbo 350KW and 700NM AKA Black Monster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts