Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody tell how to eliminate the rev limit on a 2000 hyundai accent ,, if any body knows i would appreciate the info thanks:bandit:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
take it to a tuning shop and have them adjust the ECU, it's a bad idea to take the rev limit off your car, at most have it set at 8k rpm or 7.5k or you'll blow your motor without realizing it unless it's like fully built

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I dont think its a good idea to have it rev passed 6500RPM...the factory put a rev limit for a reason. And plus you dont really gain anything at that point.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
hey if youve found someone who can make the head flow decent and have a balanced bottom end, forged pistons, upgraded rods, and cams then go for it.

if youre running a stock head then just forget about it. if youre running NA then your torque will drop off faster than vanilla ice's music career. if your turboed and want that extra flow because your turbo can handle it, so much heat will be created that youre liable to melt a piston and/or throw a rod through the block.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Everybody is right man..don't try it. I had my limiter to 6900 with ecu program and I broke the head twice.. so DON'T DO IT :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You can also try removing your muffler bearings and draining your headlight fluid to 3 quarts then your piston springs should be able to handle 9k rpms

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
muffler bearing and headlight fluid, are you joking? what kind of idiot makes that up, nt though, i'd say upgrade everything, get good head work done, or even get the beta swap and turbo it, but theres a lot you can do, cheapest way out is to get the ECU tuned, but make sure you don't go off blowing your engine :sleepy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by GLaccent01
[body]
muffler bearing and headlight fluid, are you joking? what kind of idiot makes that up, nt though, i'd say upgrade everything, get good head work done, or even get the beta swap and turbo it, but theres a lot you can do, cheapest way out is to get the ECU tuned, but make sure you don't go off blowing your engine :sleepy:
[/body]
Obviously it's a joke. Found it quite amusing myself! :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yeah me 2 :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
look what is your motor : 1.5L sohc, 1.5 dohc,1.6 dohc,???

are you keep the motor na or puting nos,turbo,supercharger???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well people my car is 1.5lts turbo charged it has a tiburon throttle body its has astretport on the head and it also has streetport in the intake runner an plenum i also have a msd dis2 taht i can control the revs if i dicede to take the rev limiter off , i also have instaled the cam sprocket on it , anyways if any o you know how to just let me know:devious:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
like we said, take it to a performance tunning shop unless you have a diagnostics scan & editting tool to adjust things like that, good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts