Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know that a accent gt exist?Hey im from puerto rico and over here hyundai's have respect, and alot. I have a '95 Accent 1.5 Sohc and its a all motor sleeper.You just have to be logical.:devious

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Let us know some secrets......

·
Registered
386 Posts
GT is the same as GSi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my accent I keep up with lightly modified 1.8 and 2.0's.Just two days ago I raced a civic hatchback with a DOHC ZC and he struggled hard to keep up.When we stopped at the light he asked what was under the hood and I said "What it came with from the factory".He didnt believe so I had to lift my hood just so he can see.Oh yeah Im a honda maniac but I drive an accent.Just to show you accents have respect!!!!!!!!!!
O.k I'll hit you up with a tip:Accent GT's bring a much bigger throttle body so you just............:devious:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
a civic hatch with a ZC would absolutely smoke an accent gt unless it had ALOT of motor work.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Underdrive pulleys make a difference...they're lighter and make the RPMs go up quicker.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by All Motor 1.5
[body]
Does anyone know that a accent gt exist?Hey im from puerto rico and over here hyundai's have respect, and alot. I have a '95 Accent 1.5 Sohc and its a all motor sleeper.You just have to be logical.:devious
[/body]
What mods do you have on your car that you can keep up with much faster cars, I honestly doubt that with simple N/A bolt ons you can keep up with a ZC dohc powered civic 8D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
we can wait and see, once i get my CF hood, swap to beta and turbo that, then we will see who wins a race, my set up is going to be a beast lol

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Underdrive pulleys are good IMO. I have a underdrive crank and noticed my rpms went up (and down) much quicker than before. Feels alot lighter on its feet. I went with the unorthodox pulley and it must of been at least 5-6 lbs lighter than the stock pulley! They help you to gain power that you already had but couldnt take advantage of due to parasitic loss. That also mean any power gained is gained at the wheels which is where you want it.... Also I have a gsi and if its the same as the GT what about the throttle bodY? It was tiny as can be... I used a Tiburon TB which has a opening the same size as the intake manifold .....

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it's simple........simple damn it,
if the belt's hard top get off,Cut it off, id the alternator's not moving, loosend to bolt thats' securing it to the block.

·
Registered
508 Posts
look there is no way you can beat a accent with a 1.8L 0r 2.0L with a 1.5L, ok if you have 1.5L turbo than yess you can beat some but a na 1.5L with out nos i find that hard to beleve. i have raced tiburon with the 2.0L and i have trobele keeping up with them and i have a 1.5L. the only way i see the 1.5L as fast as 2.0L is that you spend 10 000$$$

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey. I would wish all you guys would come down to Puerto Rico and see how our Accents move.I never said I could beat a accent with a 2.0 or 1.8:I said I could race a Tiburon or Elantra with no worries only when the car is N/A.I never said my car was stock either.No Nos & No Turbo_Oh yeah, about the throttle body if you look at the accent's 1.5 throttle it is as tiny as ****.Now you can put a Tiburon TB but it wont just wont bolt simply, you got to do some machining but with the GT TB it is a quick swap.There are so many things you can do to a car that dont have to be forced induction or nos.Just take the head off and continue from there.I have a question though:Does anyone have a good aftermarket cam? I mean we custom make them but i dont really depend on that.I once saw a cam for an accent but I dont remember what brand it was.Anyway its good to finally find some people in the US that are accent enthusiasts.Another question can anybody tell me what ET an accent can pull in the 1/8 mile?Then I'll tell you what ET I did.;):

·
Registered
48 Posts
10 sec 1/8th mile et @ 65 17.5 sec quarter at 73mph

1 - 17 of 17 Posts