Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I have a problem with my front right door lock. Since it started to get cold, in the morning the door doesn't unlock. The car has central lock. Even if I try to unlock it manually, it's not working. After 20-30 min it starts to work normally again.
Is anyone else having the same problem?
Note that I'm in Europe, so the car may be a little different here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my 95 scoupe.
i had to climb in my passenger door until i got to work and then it unlocked fine.
i put it down to age, but if anyone else can help id love to know!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Is it the lock is frozen or is there something else going. Can't hurt to try some lock-de-icer and spray that in the lock. Also lubricates the mechanism. Just some friendly Canadian idea.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Next time you have the door apart (the inside cover off) GENTLY remove the plastic cover and spray with WD-40 (or similar oil) ALL the door linkages.
On my '99 I actually had to remove the door lock from the door, disassemble it and lubricate it ... not a problem since, and that was about 18 mths ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, guys!
Unfortunatelly, before writing here, I had the door disassembled, greased all over. Except the mechanism of the electric lock (inside) cause this is sealed. But even like that, I sprayed inside, by the joint, some grease.
I think that I have to change the lock or just suppress it and leave it manually. Manually, it's working very easy.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts