·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
3 letters! MDF
why not just make adaptors from som mdf, 3/8" or even 1/4" should be lots, and it'd dirt cheap, you could buy a whole 4x8 sheet of 3/8" for less than those adaptors. but glad you posted that, i haven't read anything about needing adaptors for the front speakers and i'm about to install a set of Audiobahn componets tomorrow.... we'll see how it goes.... won't be the first time i have had to make custom mounts...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would make a paper template of the screw pattern then redrill the speakers for fitment

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 letters! MDF
why not just make adaptors from som mdf, 3/8" or even 1/4" should be lots, and it'd dirt cheap, you could buy a whole 4x8 sheet of 3/8" for less than those adaptors.
Cool, that's probably the direction I'm gonna go. Who would carry the stuff? Lowes doesn't have it in any store around me.

Also are there any instructions out there on how to remove the door trim to get to the speakers?

·
Registered
124 Posts
your in the US right? so you should be able to find MDF at Home Depot, and i'm surprised Lowes dosen't have it, might wanna ask a sales person if you haven't already. buy pretty much any building supply store will have it, but if you can't find MDF, grab any thin say 1/4" plywood, it will all work, just MDF is usually cheaper and slightly easier to work with. as for popping the panels off, check out the hyundai service website: Hyundai Service Website
all kinds of good info on there, but in short, there are 7 screws along the bottom and the door hinge sides of the panel, 2 screws in the arm rest part, and 1 screw behind the handle, then gently, pop the panel away from the door along the striker side, unhook any power switches if you have them and there you have it. now as for ozone's idea for redrilling the holes, while it will work, chances are down the road if you ever have a problem with the speakers, your warrenty is most likely void since you tampered/modified the speaker. but if you don't care about that, ya can go ahead, but most speakers don't have much room for new holes on the spyder/frame beside the cone/surround. but hey, if it works.. go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts