Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal:

For a school project, I have to build a dream engine with $10,000. It's supposed to be from scratch, starting from the block up. I have a 2002 Accent, 1.6L. I've heard that the 2.0 beta from the Tiburon swaps in nicely, but I'm supposed to start from the ground up. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of any places I could look that would have all the components I need? I've been looking around online and most of what I've found are gasket kits. Thanks for any help or information at all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yea, i would start with a beta motor from a tiburon, and u can get alot of parts from kspec.com, sharkracing.com, and there is one more site but i cant remeber it right now

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
does 10k include engine management as well?

my dream hyundai engine would consist of a 2.0 block (taller deck)
1.8 crank (shorter stroke)
beta II head (elantra 2001+ or tib 2003+) with solid lifters.
custom valves (ferra)
custom length rods (your choice)
custom cams. the ones at hp.com MAY work with a high redline if you dont care about emissoins but i think somthing with slightly less duration would be in order
1mm overbore turbo pistons (hyundaiperformance.com store sells them)
airram intake manifold (kspec.com or custom by you)
4x 195cc injectors for idle/offboost with 4x XXXcc injectors to suppliment under boost. choice depends on your hp goals.

set that sucker to 9000+rpm and choose a turbo with a ~25psi wastegate. should handle a good 500hp provided youve worked the block and rotating assembly properly. and if your class is paying $10k for you to build an engine i assume youve already had schooling on how to prep an engine properly.

and yes the 2.0 block will drop into your accent with only slight modification.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's not a real $10K. This is purely a "what if" situation. My in-state tuition is about $500 a semester, you think they're going to give me money? :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
one word.....

ROTOR :devious:

nothing beats the fabled wankle engine (or so some would argue)

·
Registered
179 Posts
you say the best bet is a beta from a tib. Is there any difference between the beta from the tib or elantra?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Beta II is a Beta II regardless of what it's in. The difference between the elantra and tiburon is in the ECU (ignition/fuel timing).

10,000 dollar hyundai motor.

Beta II blocked sleeved and bored .182" over for a even 2204cc motor.
Ross pistons at 86.621 mm with full floating wristpin dished to 7.5:1 and ceramic coated
Custom .200" Shortened Powdered Rods
Crank broken and rewelded stroked .200" over to 2323cc
Knife edged nitrated crank, rods
machined main caps welded to a full bottom end brace
5-angle radius valve job head (beta if it's gotta be hyundai, 4g63 head if not) It fits.
1mm ferrera oversize valves and titanium springs.
High lift hollowed cam.
Independant Throttle bodies fed into a turbo plenium.
and a nice Garrett GT-25 running 10-15psi of boost with a CO2 sprayed intercooler.

Other things may include - 113 Race gas, Standalone, water/alcohol injection, etc.

That's my daydream of an engine. And if anyones wondering why I bored and stroked it, it's all in the overall reliability/power potiential of the motor in my opinion.

[Edited by kojaxian_neonix on Oct 14, 2005 7:57 PM]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts