Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found wheels that would be nice but the hub bore is too small. I have a 03' accent which has 67.1 hub bore and the wheels i'm looking at are miata BBS which has a 54.1 bore. I was wondering if anyone has heard of people drilling out the center, by a machine shop of course, to accept the larger bore? Would there be any unforseen problems that I'm looking over?

·
Registered
147 Posts

i dont see why it wouldnt work as long as the holes fit up tight

·
Registered
427 Posts
The only issue I could forsee would be that the machine shop gets the rim off center, which will through the balance out.
But a good shop should be able to true it. It might even be done as a spinning cut to keep it centered.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know anyone or even heard of anyone doing this before? I feel that if it's not talked about anywhere then there must be a reason for it. I have looked and searched everywhere and never heard of it being done.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It may not be done because people dont want to weaken the centre of the wheel...
Maybe rims are designed the way they are for a reason...

But yeah if you take it to a machine shop have them do it either on a lathe or verticle boring machine...
These are probably the machines that will give you the most accuracy (particularly a good lathe)...
0.001" wont make it too unbalanced (nothing a few stickky weights applied by a tyre fitter wouldnt fix)...
They could probably even get it bang on center...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
30 Posts
bump this from the dead. Just to clear things up, no the accent does NOT have a 67.1mm hub bore like on some sites.

It's 54.1mm, just like the miata.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts