Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have just used the search engine on this topic and found a rant about how someone almost got the stern of their xg350 knocked off because of throttle delay but i didnt see a fix for the problem anybody know if they can be adjusted by the diy enthusist or do we have to put up with the delay i know it makes a big difference when you can adjust a throttle to your specs not the dealers, lawyers or insurance agents.btw i have a new 2006 sonata lx 3.3l v-6

p.s. the transmission w/shiftronic is a lil slow to switch from reverse to drive when i have pulled out of my driveway :??:

[Edited by SONNY13 on Nov 21, 2005 11:18 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i've posted a thread like that a few month's back and it pissed off..frankly, i'm not happy with the way hyundai's going DBW with nearly all of its vehicles

drove-by-wire is ridiculous, a stupid gimmick, pedal press response isn't as quick as traditional cable operated throttle and there's been problem's with the nf sonata lurching forward by itself because of a computer clitch which can mistakenly send a electroninc signal to open the throttle

and what excuse doe's hyundai make to put this on their cars? to reduce NVH? all for a hole in the firewall for the cable...Bull$hit.

if they Put DBW in all their car's and especially compact cars..I'll despise hyundai forever.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

the last thing i want is a conputer controlled car that the driver isn't operating but the car's AI...stupid useless electronics!!
ah, and the NEW oh so stereotypical f#ckin civic use's drive by wire..i'll key everyone I see.

[Edited by TAK82 on Nov 28, 2005 8:59 PM]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Drive by wire allows the computer to kill the throttle remotely. Check out the commercial for that GM ONSTAR where they kill the throttle, then the vehicle slows to a safe speed they kill the engine, lock the doors and then the IRS confiscates the vehicle, no, wait, they say auto thieves are arrested.

I had a Ford Factory EFI class way back in 1989 where he told us that "BIG BROTHER" was installing remote controls to shut down cars.

We told him he was paranoid.

I wish I had his contact info so I can call and apologize.

Now I see the them turning the vehicle off for an unpaid parking ticket, late registration fees, property taxes, your kid dated the sheriffs daughter and she is pissed at you, what ever!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts